PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Cinema

potzbie
01-11-2010, 11:16 PM
My ideas about the Main St. Cinema.

Since this week DL is doing its refurb on MAIN STREET CINEMA, then I hope they add what I consider a boon and a kindness -- namely, to add a bench encircling the raised dais, so that visitors can finally SIT DOWN in a cool, dark room, for a few minutes. I so need a place to get off my feet, and relax for a good 10 minutes, out of the sun.

While I'm ranting and raving on improvements to the Cinema, one thing that I've wanted and other MousePadders have wanted, was some kind of (what do you call it?) "table of contents" so that viewers can learn of the titles of each cartoon, the year of release, and some extra data -- e.g., the Hollywood stars alluded to in the polo game cartoon.

More! -- Like the way cities time traffic lights, I bet there is a way to synchronize the start of each cartoon so that one may make a complete circuit, and see every screen in order, from start to finish.

I got that off my chest.

Oh, I'll plug one old idea of mine. -- I think it would good (for me, at least) if DL or DCA had a place showing Disney films all day long. They could have a double feature, or film fest of, e.g, Fred McMurray; Kurt Russell; Fess Parker. And they could rotate in the Prof. Ludvig Von Drake shorts.

Eh? Strike a chord, out there? :confused:

D1Prnzs
01-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Oh, I'll plug one old idea of mine. -- I think it would good (for me, at least) if DL or DCA had a place showing Disney films all day long. They could have a double feature, or film fest of, e.g, Fred McMurray; Kurt Russell; Fess Parker. And they could rotate in the Prof. Ludvig Von Drake shorts.

Eh? Strike a chord, out there? :confused:

It would be neat to have a film festival once in awhile, but I don't think a whole theatre devoted to showing Disney films all day long will attract enough people. It will just get torn down like the beautiful theater in CA that housed the California Dreams film. :crying:

I think it's a good idea to show classic Disney shorts. (Love the Professor Von Drakes by the way along with the Goofy instructional shorts and off course anything Donald.) You get previews of classic Mickey shorts visiting Mickey's House in Toon Town, but it would be nice to see a whole short. They probably don't do this because the hold time in that room isn't always long enough as they try to get people through to see Mickey as quickly as possible.

A good place to maybe show Classic shorts would be at the Animation Academy. They can stick-up a couple of plasmas outside of the drawing studio or even show them on the large screens in the main lobby in between the other looped clips.

DwarfPlanet
01-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Once upon a time it was called Fantasyland Theater. It used to show short movies cartoons. It was replaced by Pinocchio's Daring Journey. When I was a kid I got to see its "Tough to be a Bird" there.