PDA

View Full Version : Magic Shop CLOSED....AGAIN?

magicmanfrank
01-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I just got a call from a friend of mine who is at Disneyland today, and he says the the Main Street Magic Shop, (that was recently taken over by Houdini's) is CLOSED and has a baracade up around it!!!

Does ANYONE know anything about this???

=Frank=

cstephens
01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Here's a dumb question - is he *sure* it's the magic shop with the barricades? Only asking because in this week's DLR update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9117/Disneyland_Resort_Update), there's a picture of the nearby cinema which has barricades in front of it.

magicmanfrank
01-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Yes, he is a Magician as well so he KNOWS the Magic Shop! ;)

kaybee2
01-11-2010, 05:44 PM
That would be a bummer if it was closed! We were thrilled to see it open a few weeks ago, and my son was in there for about an hour watching magic.

mechurchlady
01-11-2010, 06:47 PM
What about the music shop that is between the cinema and the magic shop, what it also closed? I could understand the whole area being closed so they could do building wide upgrades on computers, electrical and refurbishment.

Darkbeer
01-11-2010, 10:37 PM
I was at the park this morning, and they had barricades up and down Main Street in selected areas, as they were doing touch up painting. And yes, the Magic Shop had barricades that blocked their doors shortly after 10 AM.

But by the afternoon, the barricades were down, and the shop was open. Just a minor refurb issue.

In fact, I don't think the Magic Shop opens until noon, anyways.

DwarfPlanet
01-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Wow, used to be you would never see touch up maintenance during open hours.

AVP
01-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Wow, used to be you would never see touch up maintenance during open hours.That's the old joke about how you could tell a WDW-regular from a DLR-regular.

Both walk past a touch-up crew. The WDW-regular says "ewww, they're working on-stage during park hours?!? How horrible" The DLR-regular says "wow... they're painting... how wonderful!" :~D

AVP

magicmanfrank
01-13-2010, 11:59 PM
WHEW!!!

Good News!!!

Glad to hear that!

I was afraid it was really closed again!

Many Thanks!

=Frank=