PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras at DL?

cheshirecatgirl
01-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if DL does anything for Mardi Gras in New Orleans Square.

bluuth
01-08-2010, 10:07 PM
I always felt they should - but I dont believe that New Orleans Square does anything for Mardi Gras. I asked the boyfriend (who worked at Disneyland) and he doesn't remember anything happening.

Besides, it'd be weird I think. I dont know how much/many/what kind of throws the parades could use. I've always gotten bruises and such from the throws in NOLA (an entire bag of beads chucked at your head is heavy and hard!). The streets of New Orleans Square are super narrow - it'd be difficult to get even a little mini parade through.

olegc
01-09-2010, 10:22 AM
nope - nada, nothing, zilch.

and I believe it's because, well, every day is Mardi Gras. The band with Queenie (um, I mean Tiana, er, I mean Queenie) throws beads all the time, etc. They never do any special events or parades - and I think mainly because it's not park wide.

your closest thing is to visit Ralph Brennan's Kitchen in DOwntown DIsney and do stuff there..

mechurchlady
01-09-2010, 02:58 PM
it will be wait and see as they may do Mardi Gras to compensate for the closed show and push the movie. I do not recall anything special for Mardi Gras except the bands and Queenie tossing a few beads but that is not Mardi Gras.

Rkkm
01-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney is a fun - and safe from beads on the head - place to celebrate Mardi Gras. They will have something fun - revolving around food. Just check their website. We like to first go walk around NO Square in DL, then come back to the Jazz Kitchen for dinner. Reservations are recommended.