PDA

View Full Version : Is the Matterhorn open?

Berry Princess
02-13-2003, 12:36 PM
I know it isn't listed on the rehab list on Disneyland's site so I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure if it opened today or not. We are going Sunday and my 4 yr old son has been waiting forever for it to open again so we can ride it together. :) And if anyone went which side is the added scene?

AVP
02-13-2003, 02:18 PM
It's OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been on it, but it is open. My friends went on both sides, and said it looked the same to them.

AVP

spaced mountain guy
02-13-2003, 06:54 PM
yep its open. All I got to do was watch it. My 6 year old refused to go on it. Typical for him he never rides anything except for teacups autopia monorail jungle cruise and the astro orbiter. I had him watch the people as the cars were getting back to the station to see if anyone is crying or were scared. Everyone was smiling and having a good time while they were on it. Joshua still didnt want to go on it. Ohh well there is always tomorrow if I can sneak out of work to go.
Sean

mousey_girl
02-13-2003, 08:27 PM
During our last trip The Boy wanted to ride it, but he made sure to remind us that he still didn't want to ride it in the dark. When I told him it was closed he seemed relieved.

He is such a little twerp! He fusses about the Matterhorn and Space Mountain, but he can't get enough of the Mickey Mouse coaster (Screamin').

Oh well, in time he will love Matterhorn again (he loved it when he turned 4 but by 5 something about it he didn't feel comfy with).
We never push. Now that we have the AP's it isn't the end of the world if there is something we don't get to ride. I know if I pushed, being a typical 5 yr old, he would just push back harder. I want him to see trips to DLR as fun, not traumatic.

Sonya in Boise
02-13-2003, 09:16 PM
My almost 4 yr old daughter keeps talking about riding Splash Mtn. She watches the DL video and says she wants to ride it. I'm not holding my breath.

The only ride I kinda pushed on was Pirates because she rode it 4 times the first day, then refused the 2nd day. I held her tight during the ride, she fussed thru the entire thing, then promptly told everyone on our boat "We're going to ride again. Wanna ride with us?" upon exit.

I would love for her to ride Splash or Matterhorn, but it's unlikely she will anytime soon.

I however hope to get a ride on each in March.

Berry Princess
02-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Thanks for that info! WHOO HOOO!!! My 4 yr son is going to be soooo excited. I guess it will have to be the first thing we do Sunday. I can't wait. He rode it once with daddy and grandpa and wouldn't ride it again. I knew he would one day because he did this with Star Tours and loves it now. But he has done all he can do except Splash which we will be doing Sunday as well (fastpasses for that). He loved Space Mt. when he went on it last month. I knew he would. Earlier that day he had finally gotten on Grizzly River Run. I got him on Space by telling him to trust me on the face that the ride is fun and that I haven't lied to him yet about a ride being fun. So he was ok with it and went. Plus we did get him a new beanie of his choice and his picture afterward. I will get his picture from Splash too. But I am really excited to finally be able to ride the Matterhorn again and especially with my son finally. :D

Kimi_Coconuts
02-16-2003, 11:20 AM
We were thrilled when it opened on Feb 13th. We took our entire family on the ride, my youngest who will be 3 in May LOVED the ride, said, wheeeeeeeeeeeeee the whole ride then, AGAIN AGAIN!! and cried when I removed him from the ride. We went again and he wanted to stay on again. Looks like I have another roller coaster lover.

Berry Princess
02-16-2003, 09:28 PM
Well we got there today and did get to ride it. Thankfully the wait wasn't to bad at all. He loves that ride. Wanted to go again but the wait was longer so we didn't. Oh well next time. Which is in like 2 weeks so its ok. :D

mousey_girl
02-16-2003, 09:57 PM
Your post made me smile. We are going to be there in 2 weeks too. Hopefully Nickolas will want to ride, if not there will be other times.

I am glad your son enjoyed his trip! :)

Berry Princess
02-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Your post made me smile. We are going to be there in 2 weeks too. Hopefully Nickolas will want to ride, if not there will be other times.

Thanks and I hope Nikolas wants to ride. Noah just loves all that stuff. Can't wait to go again too!! What day are you going?

mousey_girl
02-17-2003, 08:10 AM
We are going Saturday March 1st. The husband wants to go to a car show at the LA fairgrounds Sunday morning and an over night stay at DLR is his way of bribing me.

Normally he loves stuff like this, but for some reason he decided that he didn't like it anymore. Oh well, we still have Screamin'!!

Berry Princess
02-17-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
We are going Saturday March 1st. The husband wants to go to a car show at the LA fairgrounds Sunday morning and an over night stay at DLR is his way of bribing me.

Normally he loves stuff like this, but for some reason he decided that he didn't like it anymore. Oh well, we still have Screamin'!!

We will probably be there that day too so I'm sure we will walk by each other and not even know it. :)

Funny how guys are that way, huh?

mousey_girl
02-17-2003, 09:01 PM
I found out today why he doesn't want to ride it... he is worried that Harold is real. Poor kid, he has been worried about this for over a year and didn't want to tell me.

(I waited until he was asleep before I laughed)

Now that I know why he is worried I can begin to deal with it.

Lashbear
02-17-2003, 09:12 PM
well, mousey_girl - you can tell him about the "Envelope of protection" - but I agree that Harold still sounds very loud and intimidating, even if he can't touch you !

Cheers,
Rob.

Berry Princess
02-18-2003, 07:07 AM
mousey_girl :) :( That is cute though. Poor guy. I made it a point to let mine know that he wasn't real and couldn't hurt him and nothing on the rides can cause it is just pretend. That helped him out. I know there are people that don't like "spoiling" the fun and all but I would rather him know then be scard to go on anything, KWIM? We call him the Wompa (sp?) here cause Noah loves Star Wars and has hubby's toy of it from when he was a kid.