PDA

View Full Version : Tiana's Showboat Jubilee...MISS IT!

GoldenEars
01-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't know about you, but I'm really missing this show! And my hope is that Disney realizes how popular it became and brings it back once the Rivers of America is filled with water again!

If you've seen it, then you know what I'm talking about. If you never did get to experience this wonderful, toe-tapping musical show, then you really missed out on the FUN it provided.

Please, Disney, BRING IT BACK!!!

Hannahbelle
01-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah, that was very short lived wasn't it???
It's funny because when I was there over the holidays we coincidentally always walked near ROA when the show was going so I had the songs stuck in my head ALOT.
We also seemed to walk into CA at the same moment that HSM3 was performing at least three times.
Weird but kind of funny.

I liked the Boat Show too. I only purposely watched it once from the bridge over Pirates.:)

pretty Omi
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
I loved this show!! I was so busy in Dec I only made it to the park to see it once, but I watched it twice in that day!!
I really do hope it returns with the river as well!

explodingboy
01-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I'd rather they didn't.

DizneyMommy
01-08-2010, 06:09 AM
I thought it was just a short term marketing thing, like the pre-parades they do for other movies, but since it was holiday time, and this movie actually used the Riverboat, it made sense. It was cute, but even my kids who will watch parades over and over again, never wanted to see it again after the first time.

olegc
01-08-2010, 07:35 AM
I really wanted to see it but never made it to the parks during the day. However, I agree with the last two posters - it was a film marketing pitch and by the time the river is done the movie will be past it's major run. On to the next thing....

Sabrakadabra
01-08-2010, 01:10 PM
My daughter and I were lucky enough to be invited on board of the Showboat Jubilee. It was so much fun dancing with the real dancers! The show really caught your attention. The music started playing over the speakers and then the live band joined in and a parade of people danced all the way to the boat. It was a wonderful performance. When I saw The princess and the frog I couldn't wait to buy the soundtrack to remind me of the New Orleans Square. What a great show! I vote to bring it back!

AaronInCal
01-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I saw a video of an interview another site did with the creator of the show and she said the show will be back, but will be on land. It won't be until May when the River is filled back up though, it sounds like. Obviously it will be modified, also. So I would expect it will be back for the DVD release.

TowerofTerror
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
I hope they bring it back when rivers of america comes back from refurbishment. The show was awesome I loved the music they played in the show

lauramaynot
01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
I hope it comes back as well. We really wanted to see it!!

Bytebear
01-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I really enjoyed it. The mini parade is such a fun and clever way to bring out the cast and get them on the boat. I love that they used the boat as a stage. I don't know how it's going to work on land only.

Seashellmama
01-09-2010, 02:24 PM
If they fully integrate Tiana as a princess, then I don't see any reason why her Showboat Jubilee shouldn't be an ongoing long-term thing.

My kids (and I) loved it.

misdisney
01-09-2010, 09:13 PM
My daughter and I also had the pleasure of being asked twice to be in the show while we were there on vacation. When asked the second time I felt as though I had to tell them we were already in the show the day before. The guy just looked at us and said " Great your pros, even more of a reason to come on board" It was so fun to be apart of the show and loved the music. Great experience!!!:D

MammaSilva
01-10-2010, 10:31 AM
If they fully integrate Tiana as a princess, then I don't see any reason why her Showboat Jubilee shouldn't be an ongoing long-term thing.

My kids (and I) loved it.

We didn't get a chance to catch the show when we were there but IF they integrate Tiana then what we can count on is that she'll be in the rotation over at the Princess Faire...much less expensive than her jubilee show 3 or 4 times a day :(

mechurchlady
01-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Why move her to Fantasy Faire when she has taken over the old ornament shop and there is a meet and greet with her in the courtyard out back. She is a new princess and already has her own meet and greet as well as a shop. Name some princesses who have what she has as a newcomer.

olegc
01-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Why move her to Fantasy Faire when she has taken over the old ornament shop and there is a meet and greet with her in the courtyard out back. She is a new princess and already has her own meet and greet as well as a shop. Name some princesses who have what she has as a newcomer.

well, putting my business hat on, having her at fantasy faire with other princesses means all of the handlers, other staff, registers, and merchandise can be in one place. no need to add extra support folks. from a guest perspective it would be better in NOS - but I can see them moving that eventually. I wonder if she has staying power if she will go in the background like Mulan and/or Pocohantas. Yes, I know, those two were not truly princesses but still they were female lead characters for girls. I know Jasmine has been there all along but I believe her fan base is not the same as the more traditional princesses. Let's hope Tiana makes it to that top tier.

MammaSilva
01-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Many of the past movies have created special meet and greet places then after the first wave of hype either the meet and greet just quietly disappears or they make the rotation in the princess meet and greets, like Mulan or Pocahontas. I mean Pocahontas actually had a show at the theater before it turned into the meet and greet and now she's on the B list again. As for the meet and greet taking over the Court of Angels, that area has not had to have any money spent to make it specific to Tiana and Naveen, a few extra pots of flowers and a photopass person. When they aren't at the meet and greet guests are welcome to visit the court and take their own photos. I'll be surprised if that meet and greet is there by Spring break but it's possible.

Drince88
01-11-2010, 09:06 AM
I wonder if she has staying power if she will go in the background like Mulan and/or Pocohantas. Yes, I know, those two were not truly princesses
Pocohantas' Dad was the chief - doesn't that make her a real princess? (More so than Belle?)