PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Beginnings

Berry Princess
02-13-2003, 08:45 AM
I thought this was really cool. I have never seen most these pictures before and just came across this website this morning. Here is the link http://www.usc.edu/isd/archives/la/disneyland/

Even has a pic of the Matterhorn construction.

MammaSilva
02-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Those are cool, MouseShoppe has Disneyland thru the eyes of a Photographer, I have the first 3 in the series and will most assuredly be getting the latest since it will have color photos as well. I love looking at the park the way it was.....

rexfarms
02-13-2003, 03:01 PM
You can also see how bare everything is. After all of the trees filled in the Rivers looked better.

innerSpaceman
02-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
Those are cool, MouseShoppe has Disneyland thru the eyes of a Photographer, I have the first 3 in the series and will most assuredly be getting the latest since it will have color photos as well.
I have those books, too - and was really looking forward to getting the color volume. That is - until some little MouseShoppe birdy spilled the beans to me that a good many of the photos in the first three volumes are simply black and white prints of color photos, and that the color volume will feature many of those same photographs, but this time in the living color that is their true form. As such, I feel ripped off having purchased the first three volumes which contain what I consider to be bogus photographs - and I'm certainly not going to pay even more money to get the color photos that I should have gotten to begin with.

Color photos printed in black & white is NOT the same as black & white photography!

Sorry for the temporary derailment. I had to rant. (what else is new?)

MammaSilva
02-13-2003, 06:21 PM
well I suppose you could look at it in that light ISM... and in some respects I agree with you, but considering that this is a very limited release/publication I can understand the reasons for the b/w versions vs color. My understanding (and it may be totally 100 percent off base so if someone has the 'true' version feel free to correct me) was/is that the books so far have been ones she has basically put together on her own, found a small publisher that would handle a limited run (read very small numbers here) and financed it out of her own pocket, while it's true that b/w reprint of a color print isn't true b/w print I don't recall she claimed those prints WERE originally b/w....we may have assumed so but that's not her fault. The difference in cost between running the first 3 in b/w vs. color prints is HUGE, she may not have wanted/been able to risk that much capital on the venture?

innerSpaceman
02-13-2003, 07:56 PM
The b/w vs. color was not concealed, but neither was it revealed.

tiggerandtink
02-13-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
You can also see how bare everything is. After all of the trees filled in the Rivers looked better.
You mean how bare everything is after all the trees were taken out;)