PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Passport Blackout Calendar?

Wanda Woman
02-12-2003, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know how I can access the handy dandy blackout dates calendar for SoCal passports that used to be oh-so-conveniently located at Disney.com?

I have my SoCal passports, but haven't activated them yet. It would be nice to have a STINKIN' CALENDAR that shows what SPECIFIC dates I can't go. <steam escapes from head>

Grrrrrr.

I've searched both Disney.com and Mouseplanet, but can't find any blackout date calendars for 2003.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Wanda Woman

AVP
02-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Hi Wanda,

You can get one at Disneyland.com. You have to log into the Annual Passholder section to see it.

We are adding that calendar to MousePlanet - we'll have it posted sometime this week.

(I know, I know - you'll miss that old 2001 calendar!)

AVP

Sonya in Boise
02-12-2003, 05:39 PM
My Calendar only goes up to July 2003, but here's what I have.

Feb: Every Saturday, Sunday and Monday of President's weekend.

March: Every Friday and Saturday

April: Every Friday and Saturday, the 13th thru 26

May: Every Friday and Saturday, the 25th and 26th

June: Every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, the 11, the 22-30

July: The whole month

August (2002) The whole month, EXCEPT the last Sunday-Friday

Sept (2002), every Saturday, 1st

October (2002) Every Saturday

November (2002) Every Saturday, Thanksgiving Thurdsay and Friday

December (2002) Every Saturday, the 22-31

Jan (2003) Every Saturday, the 1-3

Darkbeer
02-12-2003, 05:44 PM
One of the problems of the "new" Disneyland.com website, is that they decided to place the blackout calendar and detailed discount breakdown in a restrcitive area for current AP holders only.:mad:

And since you only have a voucher, and not your actual AP (and number), you can't access it.

Here is what they HAD (but since removed!) on the public side

Blockout dates include: all Saturdays, Fridays April through May, most summer days in June, July and August; plus holiday periods that include Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring breaks, Memorial Day and Labor day weekend.

tabacco
02-12-2003, 06:36 PM
If you have an unprocessed Ap certificate, you can login ot the AP area by entering the number under the barcode on the lower-left of the certicate. that's the same as what your AP number will be when it's processed.

Wanda Woman
02-13-2003, 08:38 AM
Thank you all for your help, especially Sonya, for taking the time to type in all of the blackout dates she has, and Tabacco, who hit the nail on the head!

Tabacco's suggestion to use the number under the bar code of my annual pass voucher allowed me to log on to the Annual Passholder area of Disney.com and see the 2003 blackout dates calendar. Woohoo! Big hug to you, Tabacco!

Wanda Woman

P.S. Whoever changed Disney.com so you have to BUY an annual pass before you can see what the specific blackout dates are should be hung up in It's A Small World for a few months. I think the suits are wearing their neckties too tight.

EandCDad
02-13-2003, 09:16 AM
I thnk that is something they will eventually change about the site. I just think they just said "we'll put all the AP stuff in the AP section" and didn't consider that some people who want to purchase APs might look at the site to make their decision.

They do show you the blackout dates before you buy, at the ticket window.

AVP
02-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by EandCDad
I just think they just said "we'll put all the AP stuff in the AP section"

Derailing the thread for a moment, I had the strangest conversation with someone from the Disneyland Community Relations department yesterday.

I received a note from a CM telling me that Annual Passholders were being invited to participate in the Cast Member blood drive in March.

So I contacted community relations to ask for more details to publish on MousePad, since I certainly had not heard about this and think it's a great cause.

They sent me an announcement that I could put up on MousePad if I wanted - but wouldn't provide dates, times or locations. Apparently that information had been posted on the AP Web site until last week, and they didn't want it published outside of that Web site.

Of course, now that the information is not on that Web site, there is no place for APs to read it.

SO, if you want to donate blood at the Spring Disneyland Blood Drive, I hope you already got the dates and times from the AP Web site, and wrote them down, as well as the phone number you were supposed to call to make an appointment. If not, I can't give you that information.

Anyone else confused?

AVP

EandCDad
02-13-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by AVP
They sent me an announcement that I could put up on MousePad if I wanted - but wouldn't provide dates, times or locations. Apparently that information had been posted on the AP Web site until last week, and they didn't want it published outside of that Web site.

That is beyond idiotic. I'm usually one of those "they must have a good reason" type guys, but this is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, and I've seen Jim Varney movies!

driftwood714
02-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Wanna know a secret?

The prompt that asks you for your AP number isn't connected to anything. You could type in any 18-digit number your heart desires and you'll get into that section of the site. It is currently not connected to the ticketing database, but I believe it will be eventually..

ALSO, hopefully within the next month or so, as more changes occur on the site (because it is not finished, by any means), they'll move the block-out date info and other info necessary to buy the pass to be available outside of the AP section, too.

Go ahead try it out, non APs. You'll be pleasantly surprised. :)