PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland to change to an "online" Wristband system for Pin Trading

Darkbeer
01-05-2010, 08:12 AM
From the most recent Cast Member Reference Guide.

Effective immediately, the Disneyland Resort will introduce a new wristband distribution process for select pin releases on DisneyPins.com. This online process will promote a fair, equitable and enjoyable experience for Guests visiting the Disneyland Resort. The "Piece of Disney History II - Disneyland Railroad" will be the first pin to use the new process, and currently scheduled for release on Sunday, January 24th, at the Little Green Store Command inside Disneyland Park.

olegc
01-05-2010, 09:57 AM
so - is it possible that the same process used for event registration will be used for wristband distribution? I don't go to too many of these but I have doubt that one volunteer gets there very early and the remaining buddies get there just prior to distribution time. it's a business for some (I see the same folks at every event merch and pin) and in a business you have to have an edge.

I just wonder if this will be equitable too. It may seem that way - but unless Disney fixes its online system - LOOK OUT.

Tinker Bell
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
They have started the first one already. With it this way I dont think we have to worry about crashing.

We are excited to announce the start of registration for the on-line wristband distribution process for Piece of Disney History II - DisneylandŽ Railroad. This special January 2010 pin features Mickey Mouse himself riding the DisneylandŽ Railroad attraction - and contains an actual remnant of a railroad spike from this beloved attraction!
As we mentioned back in December, this pin release will be utilize a new on-line wristband distribution process. The purpose of this on-line process is to promote a fair, equitable and enjoyable experience for Guests visiting the DisneylandŽ Resort.
To enter the random drawing for a chance to purchase this pin, please CLICK THIS LINK (https://secure-disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/detail?name=MerchRelease2010JanPinEntryPage)
This pin will be released at Little Green Men Store Command inside DisneylandŽ Park in conjunction with the on-line wristband distribution process. Theme Park admission to DisneylandŽ Park is required. Please see the registration form for official details and regulations on this random drawing.
Registration for the random drawing will close at 11:59 p.m. (PST) on January 12, 2010. Notification for selected and non-selected Guests will be shared via e-mail a few days after registration has closed.

KarenW2
01-06-2010, 12:28 PM
So this is a chance to enter the random drawing for a chance to purchase this pin, not even a sure thing to get the wristband that allows you to buy the pin?? How weird!!

I wonder how many wristbands will be drawn for.

Is there a particular day in January that the pin will be released on?

cstephens
01-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Is there a particular day in January that the pin will be released on?

Yes, it's for a particular pin, so the release date and other information is on the link for the pin itself.

Tinker Bell
01-06-2010, 03:56 PM
1,000 People will get their name drawn.( if they have more then1000 enter to win lol) It is an LE2000 and each person who gets there name drawn can buy 2 pins.

dawnid
01-08-2010, 11:32 AM
If its an LE2000 that makes it less desirable. They really don't need wristbands at all with that number. When they were LE1000 if you didn't show up early to get the wristband you could still show up mid-afternoon and get the pin. They may have sold out the same day but they lasted the whole day. Doubling the edition is good for me I don't have to stress about getting the pin they just won't be good for trading or for the secondary market sellers.

It promotes more pin collecting than pin trading. If anyone can get the pin you don't tend to get the extra to trade. IMHO:)