PDA

View Full Version : Award Wieners closed in DCA

AVP
01-04-2010, 03:57 PM
This wasn't on any of the refurbishment schedules I've seen, but Award Weiners closed yesterday for a "major" refurbishment, according to a location cast member. Another CM said that the closure is due to the construction about to begin on Hollywood Blvd to add the Red Car Line to DCA, and that Award Weiners creates too much of a traffic jam in the area.

Right now the outdoor vending cart around the corner towards Muppets is offering hot dogs and turkey legs, and the Between Takes catering truck is open, serving cold sandwiches, drinks and chips. The nearest hot food is Taste Pilot's Grill (which was packed today), or the Lucky Fortune Cookery / Cucina Cucamonga complex.

AVP

DizneyMommy
01-05-2010, 06:42 AM
This wasn't on any of the refurbishment schedules I've seen, but Award Weiners closed yesterday for a "major" refurbishment, according to a location cast member. Another CM said that the closure is due to the construction about to begin on Hollywood Blvd to add the Red Car Line to DCA, and that Award Weiners creates too much of a traffic jam in the area.

Right now the outdoor vending cart around the corner towards Muppets is offering hot dogs and turkey legs, and the Between Takes catering truck is open, serving cold sandwiches, drinks and chips. The nearest hot food is Taste Pilot's Grill (which was packed today), or the Lucky Fortune Cookery / Cucina Cucamonga complex.

AVP

I was there Sunday for lunch and it was open, no sign of closing... did it not actually close until Monday?

hlr8705
01-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Whats the Red Car thing. did i miss it somewhere?

Ish68
01-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Hollywood blvd in the backlot area will be ripped out so that they can start laying tracks for the future Red Trolley line that will travel along the new park entrance, Hollywood Land (future name of hollywood backlot) and tower courtyard.

As for award weiners, looks like someone should have considered re-opening Hollywood and Dine as another food option location and opened the temporary pass renewal at a different location

disney_leonard
01-06-2010, 12:10 AM
OMG! No corn dogs? They closed the corn dog wagon in DL for refurb at the same time. Say it isn't so.

mechurchlady
01-06-2010, 12:14 AM
OMG! No corn dogs? They closed the corn dog wagon in DL for refurb at the same time. Say it isn't so.
It is in need of a deep cleaning and refurbishment. Do not panic as maybe they will sell the corn dogs in a restaurant such as the Stage Door Cafe.

kiowa
01-06-2010, 02:48 AM
It is in need of a deep cleaning and refurbishment. Do not panic as maybe they will sell the corn dogs in a restaurant such as the Stage Door Cafe.

Or maybe as it's listed every week in the Disneyland Park update

" corn dogs are available at Bountiful Valley Farmer's Market."

mechurchlady
01-06-2010, 02:57 AM
Or maybe as it's listed every week in the Disneyland Park update

" corn dogs are available at Bountiful Valley Farmer's Market."
We are talking about the closure of the little red wagon on Main Street. Since it will closed for months where in Disneyland will people get a corn dog? Will there even be corn dogs available in Disneyland during the little red wagon's closure? I think they should use a counter service restaurant that has deep fryers like the Stage Door Cafe.

Thank you for reminding everyone about the corn dogs that are available in DCA.

Darkbeer
01-06-2010, 06:30 AM
The Corn Dog Wagon was open in Disneyland yesterday.

Promo-Man
01-06-2010, 07:54 AM

AVP

We are talking about the closure of the little red wagon on Main Street.

No we are talking about Award Wieners in DCA and as I just received my new Anural pass I just might have to go see for myself

olegc
01-06-2010, 08:04 AM

didn't the catering truck used to sell chili dogs? that would have been somewhat of a replacement. Plain small hot dogs just seem, well, plain...

mechurchlady
01-06-2010, 08:20 AM
No we are talking about Award Wieners in DCA and as I just received my new Anural pass I just might have to go see for myself
post 5 mentioned DLR corn dogs which is why my post 6 was about DLR corn dog options.

---------------------
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/dining-California-Adventure.htm
The catering truck used to sell nachos and chili bowls.

disney_leonard
01-06-2010, 10:06 AM
I read somewhere that the corn dog wagon at DL was going into refurb for about three months. If I am wrong I apologize. I believe it was in an article on MA which had a long list of closures during the first three months of 2010.

Darkbeer
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Things have changed, both the Corn Dog Wagon and Tomorrowland Terrace are still open, more than likely until Martin Luther King Day on January 18th.

Both the Rivers of America draining and Red Car Trolley construction was delayed until Tuesday due to scheduling.....

disney_leonard
01-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Things have changed, both the Corn Dog Wagon and Tomorrowland Terrace are still open, more than likely until Martin Luther King Day on January 18th.

Both the Rivers of America draining and Red Car Trolley construction was delayed until Tuesday due to scheduling.....

Ah Ha! It was your article. Thanks. I was afraid I was losing my mind...again.

D1Prnzs
01-09-2010, 11:46 PM
I hope they replace what Award Weiners offered elsewhere. When they closed the Corn Dog place at CA, they didn't bring back the hot-links corn dogs elsewhere. Oh, how I miss those juicy spicy goodness!!!:crying:

The old man
01-10-2010, 07:01 AM
"Award Weiners closed"

And this is a bad thing because...?

mechurchlady
01-10-2010, 07:27 AM
"Award Weiners closed"

And this is a bad thing because...?
Because the only sit down hot meal in the area will be at Taste Pilot's and the wharf. Award Weiners was a cheap kid friendly place so families will inundate Taste Pilot's. McDonalds is closed and soon Pizza Oom Mow Mow, corn dog castle is closed also. It will be Bountiful Valley market and the wharf, Taste Pilots, and some carts.

Very bad to loose a low cost meal even if it is not the world's best food.

olegc
01-10-2010, 08:33 AM
I hope they replace what Award Weiners offered elsewhere. When they closed the Corn Dog place at CA, they didn't bring back the hot-links corn dogs elsewhere. Oh, how I miss those juicy spicy goodness!!!:crying:

Here Here! good call! :)