PDA

View Full Version : Best Views of Electrical Parade?

Kat in WA
02-11-2003, 06:53 PM
We are going to try to see the Electrical Parade this summer while visiting DCA. We've missed it the last two visits. Where are your recommendations for watching this parade? Thanks.

Lashbear
02-11-2003, 07:03 PM
We watched it from "a Bugs Land" area and got a great view with hardly any people there !~:cool:

jamsandwich
02-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Speaking of the Electrical Parade, I presume it's running right now, and it's safe to assume it will still be around in late April as well? (when we take our trip).

I recall it from my first trip to Disneyland (1979, I believe), and I haven't seen it since despite three return trips... I'm itching to see it again...

-J

MammaSilva
02-11-2003, 08:51 PM
unless it's a holiday period don't count on the ELP running everynight....during "slow" times it ususally only runs Friday/sat/sundays

EandCDad
02-12-2003, 05:55 AM
The one time I've seen it, we sat in chairs in front of Burrrrr-bank Ice Cream and watched it from there. We did get some people stand/sit in front of us, but we had a good view and we sat comfortably while waiting.

kranders
02-12-2003, 06:24 AM
We got some hot chocolate and sat at the tables next to the rail in front of Burger Invasion. It turned out to be the perfect place to watch!

zapppop
02-12-2003, 07:00 AM
Usually there's no one around the boudin bakery.
Go there next to the fruit stand and you'll get a very good view
and few to no guests around.

My favorite spot for wathcing the Electrical Parade
is on the left hand side of Main Street :D

gr8onesgir1
02-12-2003, 07:38 AM
The best place to watch the Electrical Parade would be anywhere in Paradise Pier. I've worked guest control for it and I have to say everyone wants to watch it up in the front. I'm in Paradise Pier and not that many people watch it from there. So that's a good place to watch it from.

hbquikcomjamesl
02-12-2003, 07:42 AM
In DL, my favorite place was right in front of the "Disneyland Showcase" shop. In the first performance, I'd get an excellent view of The Parade approaching down Main Street, circling Town Square, and going into the layover area; in the late performance, watch it leaving the gate right in front of me, and moving from Town Square onto Main Street right behind me. As the Flag Float moved onto Main Street, I would then follow it all the way to the Small World parade gate.

In WDW, The Parade always ran from Town Square to the Frontierland/Adventureland parade gate (the same as Spectro does), and the "sweet spot" was right in front of the barbershop, where I could catch it leaving the gate, circling Town Square, and turning onto Main Street.

In DCA, the "sweet spot" is right by the wave fountain, on the Hollywood Backlot side of Sunshine Plaza, again looking right at the gate. If I'm in a mood to follow it, I'll either pick it up right there, or as it's rolling by Golden Vine.

Flubber
02-12-2003, 08:02 AM
Best view of the Electrical Parade?

Main Street USA.

Which side is the left side zapppop?

zapppop
02-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Flubber
Best view of the Electrical Parade?

Main Street USA.

Which side is the left side zapppop?
the west side w/ the emporium and penny arcade.

Sonya in Boise
02-12-2003, 11:52 AM
We watched it from Paradise Pier section in front of the Zephyr and we didn't reall ylike it. We were by the turn and had to sit on the ground. However, directly across the street from the Zypher, there are benches that had a wonderful view. They are near the shops by Mulholland Madness. By the dinosaur thing. Those would be nice seats. You can see down the street and when we were there no one stood in front of those guys.

Master K
02-14-2003, 10:55 AM
We love to watch from the area overlooking the parade route from the Trattoria or the GoldenVine Winery.

I know it is not up close but my feeling is that is looks better with just a little distance. When you are very close you can see that it is jsut a bunch of light bulbs, but with just a few feet distance everything looks more real somehow.

It is also great to have a nice dinner while the parade goes by.

stinkerbell
02-14-2003, 01:00 PM
As a creature of habit.......I've seen it five times in the same spot and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I sit near the front of DCA, Sunshine Plaza, semi-across from the stinky coffee place, facing Soaring. Talking about habit.....each time we see the parade, we grab a fastpass for Soaring beforehand, grab burgers from Taste Pilot's Grill, then get our seat, we sit on a bench, while the girls prefer the ground, watch the parade, get a little misty-eyed, then run for Soaring and do standby, once or twice, then use our fastpasses......and ride again. :) I imagine we'll do the exact same things again on our next trip. :)

tod
02-16-2003, 04:16 PM
The best place to see the Main Street Electrical Parade is right in front of the Main Street Cinema/Disneyana Shop. You want to get away from the ends of Main Street and have it just be a street parade.

--T
waiting for the Main Street Electrical Parade to go back to Disneyland where it belongs

cstephens
02-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by tod
The best place to see the Main Street Electrical Parade is right in front of the Main Street Cinema/Disneyana Shop. You want to get away from the ends of Main Street and have it just be a street parade.

--T
waiting for the Main Street Electrical Parade to go back to Disneyland where it belongs

Not really sure how this is going to help the person asking the question.

For me, my favorite place to watch the Electrical Parade is on a corner turn, right in front of the fruit shack in between P.T. Flea's and the shake place. That way, you can see it as it approaches you and after it passes you.