PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Promotion: Buy a DCA ticket, get one day at DL (1/4- 1/30) free

AVP
12-30-2009, 06:56 PM
A MousePlanet reader was at the Disneyland Resort tonight and caught wind of a special offer. It seems the Resort REALLY wants you to ring in the New Year at Disney's California Adventure instead of Disneyland this year, so they are offering a special promotion valid on 12/31/2009 only.

If you purchase a one-day, one-park ticket for Disney's California Adventure on December 31, 2009, you will receive a one-day, one-park ticket to visit Disneyland Park anytime between January 4 and 30, 2010.

DCA has three "dance parties" starting at 9:30pm and midnight fireworks, so this could be a compelling offer for locals who are willing to spend NYE at DCA in exchange for a second, free day at Disneyland later this month. Now, since I KNEW someone would want to know, I asked if the DCA ticket could be upgraded to a park hopper after purchase. The offer actually gives you a single ticket, valid 12/31/09 at DCA only, and then 1/4-1/30 at DL, so you can't upgrade it on 12/31. However, you COULD upgrade it on the second use to a one-day parkhopper if you really wanted to go back into DCA.

AVP

Darkbeer
12-31-2009, 02:05 PM
http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/31/new-years-eve-crowds-prompt-disney-to-give-free-passes/30013/

Basically a 2fer type offer, with some extra strings attached...

First off, you pay the $72 (adult price) and get a DCA only ticket for New Years Eve.

Then in January, your "2fer" will get you into Disneyland Park for a day (not valid January 1st, 2nd, or 3rd).

But much of Disneyland will be closed in January, when everything is open today. No Fantasmic!, No Rivers, No Haunted Mansion (or "iasw" later in the month), No Corn Dogs, No Jedi Training Academy, No HISTA, No Parade (Yes, C!ASP, the UN-parade will be offered most days), Fireworks only on weekends, No Tiana's Showboat Parade.

Plus, Disney is severely underestimating the crowds of the week of January 4th, MANY schools are still on vacation (including LA Unified), and add the BCS Championship Game at the Rose Bowl on the 7th, and Disney should be running more than the "slow" off-season schedule.

And then January 14th through the 18th is the combination of the NAMM Show, the largest convention that Anaheim hosts every year, and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday weekend, and you have the chance for crowds just as big as New Years Eve.

Not sure if you want to push some folks to that weekend.....

Wonder how many folks they get to purchase the special offer.....

cstephens
01-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Oooo, breaking news!

AVP
01-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Oooo, breaking news!Well, it was breaking when I posted it. :~D

AVP

Crazy4DL
01-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Oooo, breaking news!

Well, it was breaking when I posted it. :~D

AVP

Wow.

orchid2
01-04-2010, 06:08 AM
New Years Eve my family was on DCA side crowds weren't there, so this special doesn't seem to have worked.

Ish68
01-05-2010, 10:07 PM
So Disneyland is for free this time? LOL

i mean the mentality of some people on other sites has always been that the 2fer was pay for Disneyland and get DCA free because supposedly people always used the first day at Disneyland.

Darkbeer
01-06-2010, 06:08 AM
So Disneyland is for free this time? LOL

i mean the mentality of some people on other sites has always been that the 2fer was pay for Disneyland and get DCA free because supposedly people always used the first day at Disneyland.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/photos/13684204_UiKxF-M.jpg

It is how DISNEY has marketed the offer....

AVP
01-06-2010, 07:01 AM
It is how DISNEY has marketed the offer....You're talking about the 2Fer, which is a completely different promotion than the NYE-limited ticket discussed in this thread.

AVP