PDA

View Full Version : Question about New Years and Napa Rose

dawnbright
12-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Im sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. But I have a question, and since you guys seem to be great about correct info I thought I might post here.

My husband and myself will be at DLR tomorrow for NYE does anyone know if the restaurant NR is having a NYE dinner like they have in the past? Ive never eaten there before and was excited to read that they had NYE meals there in the past.
Thank you for any info!

Also can anyone recommend anywhere for NYE dinner w/o having to leave the park, I hear leaving can be a real nightmare.

Thanks!

adriennek
12-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Im sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. But I have a question, and since you guys seem to be great about correct info I thought I might post here.

My husband and myself will be at DLR tomorrow for NYE does anyone know if the restaurant NR is having a NYE dinner like they have in the past? Ive never eaten there before and was excited to read that they had NYE meals there in the past.
Thank you for any info!

They might - but have you called to try to get a Priority Seating yet? You might be putting the cart before the horse. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't already booked for tomorrow night.

Adrienne

mechurchlady
12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
I was told the earliest reservation was next Sunday the 3rd for Napa Rose. Christmas was booked a month ahead of time and I called 3 weeks before Christmas and the stand-by list was also booked.

bennette
12-30-2009, 11:21 PM
They DO have a special event tomorrow (we were just there tonight and spoke to Andrew, the executive chef, about it).

I believe it's a regular dinner seating first (at 5:30) and then a prix fixe dinner at 8:30 with a band. $185 per person without wine for this second seating. No idea if they have seats left or not. He said it tends to be full of people who go there regularly and want to see them do the best of their best offerings. I don't know what they are having since it's a brand new menu from tonight's but I'm sure it will be delightful.

There were seats available tonight at relatively short notice (a few days) and probably a few seats for walk ins. I don't know what it will be like tomorrow.

As for elsewhere, it's a little late (as it is for anything). I expect cstephens may respond to this as she eats at some of the nicer places in Downtown Disney more often than some of us. You might want to narrow it down a little as to what you like to eat or your wait tolerances before getting further advice.

cstephens
12-30-2009, 11:23 PM
I would expect that Napa Rose is already booked for New Year's Eve. We happened to talk to Andrew Sutton tonight, and he said they do a 5:30 seating which is pretty much a regular meal, and then they do a later seating for a higher charge (I think he said about $180) that includes dinner and a band and pretty much a party through midnight. He said that seating is much more intimate, about 100 people.

janell
01-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Im thinking a head for next year. How early can you/should you book for the late seating on NYE?

Malcon10t
01-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Im thinking a head for next year. How early can you/should you book for the late seating on NYE?

Probably 60 days out. They may not have everything planned out then but you can at least get a seating.

adriennek
01-02-2010, 04:39 PM
I'd call NR directly 90 days out and see what they say. They might tell you to call back 60 days out but at least you'd know.

Adrienne

janell
01-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Thank you, Malcon10t and adriennek. :)