PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Michael Jackson's Neverland w/Disneyland

odnamraortsac
02-11-2003, 10:44 AM
I assume some of you saw the infamous Michael Jackson interview on ABC last week. I was wondering how many similarities you spotted between Neverland and Disneyland? Here are the ones I saw. Of course he has a train circling the park but it also stops at a station that resembles the Main St. Station. He has a lighted mushroom in his park like Alice's in the Electrical Parade. He has a rope bridge like the one on Tom Sawyer's Island. I'm sure there are other ripoffs but these are the ones that were the most obvious.

Berry Princess
02-11-2003, 12:43 PM
My husband and I were talking about those things too. I'm not sure but how similar they are in the way the look but he does have a carousel as well. That guy is VERY messed up and sick!

RStar
02-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Ok, well, all opinions aside to keep the thread from getting derailed, I saw all the ones mentioned and I guess the race cars could be compaired to the Autopia before they put the rails in the tracks. But it is closer to the ones at Family Fun Center.

One thing I can't get over is that Neverland is 3,000 acres, and DL 55 acres (I think 120 for the property that Walt origanally purchased. I'm not sure for the whole of DLR). Wow! In that respect, and with the Zoo, it could almost be compaired to WDW....

ksejr1
02-11-2003, 01:45 PM
plus micheal jackson mentioned a new water park that was going to be built

jrad32
02-11-2003, 01:53 PM
Doesn't Mike also have his own version of pirates? That may be an urban legend, but I heard it somewhere.

LIMANDL4EVA
02-11-2003, 02:41 PM
i heard that he had a submarine ride, seriously...

LIMANDL4EVA
02-11-2003, 03:21 PM
PS
That guy is sick

Morrigoon
02-11-2003, 04:40 PM
What's sick about that? If I had the bucks I'd probably do the same thing!

(Not that I'm saying he isn't a little over the top in other areas, but truly I see nothing wrong with building one's own theme park.)

LIMANDL4EVA
02-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
What's sick about that? If I had the bucks I'd probably do the same thing!

(Not that I'm saying he isn't a little over the top in other areas, but truly I see nothing wrong with building one's own theme park.)
im not saying his park is, im saying that the whole sleeping with children thing is

Lashbear
02-11-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
im not saying his park is, im saying that the whole sleeping with children thing is

Could we please save this sort of comment for the two other threads pertaining to it ! (if you want to post, they are Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13698) and Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13728)

... as for the park comparisons, I have also heard the rumour about having his own duplicate of "Pirates", and some of the imagery in his "Leave Me Alone" video clip addreesses the theme park angle as well !

Cheers,
Rob :D

odnamraortsac
02-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Of course one could also say that he's copying DCA's Paradise Pier by filling his park with "Off The Shelf" rides. In one segment he mentioned that he was installing a roller coaster in the future. The Pirates "urban legend" seems a bit farfetched but when you are talking about Michael Jackson, anything is possible. Maybe he'll build his own Matterhorn so he can "fly" off of it like Tinkerbell, oops I mean Peter Pan, if he ever has a fireworks display.

Berry Princess
02-12-2003, 11:06 AM
Maybe he'll build his own Matterhorn so he can "fly" off of it like Tinkerbell, oops I mean Peter Pan, if he ever has a fireworks display.

LOL I'm surprised he doesn't have his own Peter Pan ride. You would think with how much he loves Peter Pan that he would by now have had that one at least.

rexfarms
02-12-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Berry Princess
LOL I'm surprised he doesn't have his own Peter Pan ride. You would think with how much he loves Peter Pan that he would by now have had that one at least.

Michael Jackson... What a codfish.;)