PDA

View Full Version : Fantasia ice cream

Doug
12-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Does anyone miss this flavor of ice cream? My friend does, and mentions it almost every time we go to DLR. Do we need to start a petition to bring it back? Whey did they stop serving it in the first place?

nursechrissy32
12-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Never heard of it! What does it taste like? SOUNDS yummy!

mechurchlady
12-28-2009, 06:40 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=2047
That is from 2001 and the ice cream was banana, cherry and pistachio. Spumoni has chocolate, cherry and pistachio to give you an idea of what it was like. I do not remember when they stopped making Fantasia ice cream.

tink's mom
12-28-2009, 06:53 PM
All my husband ever wanted to do when we went to DL was get this ice cream. It was his favorite. When we went a few years back he was so disappointed, they didn't have it anymore. We were told that the supplier of their ice cream had changed and the new company didn't make that flavor.

adriennek
12-28-2009, 08:55 PM

You either loved it or hated it.

I fall under the category "loved" it. :(

It was a mix of banana, cherry and pistachio ice cream with chunks of green pineapple in it. They discontinued it in late 2004. :crying:

Adrienne

leota's necklace
12-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I feel its absence keenly. Heck, it's hard just to find pistachio or cherry in stores anymore, to try and make faux-Fantasia.

I didn't quite like my first bowl. By the second bite of my second bowl, I was hooked.

cstephens
12-29-2009, 12:22 AM
You either loved it or hated it.

Where do those of us sit who never tried it and were never interested in trying it?

mechurchlady
12-29-2009, 03:04 AM
It was like spumoni without the chocolate and banana like Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey with green pineapple. If you do not like spumoni, pineapple, bits of green stuff, or banana then you did not like it. My family loved Fantasia as it was a special flavor not found elsewhere and yummy. I wish they would bring it back.

spectromen
12-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Yes I miss it and really wish they would bring it back. Since it was a Carnation offering, though, I doubt it could happen unless they work with Dreyers to create it just for the Park.

adriennek
12-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Where do those of us sit who never tried it and were never interested in trying it?

You're in a very sad place because you never knew the divineness of Fantasia Ice Cream.

Adrienne

bennette
12-30-2009, 12:29 PM

You sit in the corner with me.

Green pineapple? :eek: Just say no.

tink's mom
12-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, my husband loved it. Myself, I'd rather have chocolate with more chocolate in it, and even more chocolate on top, plus maybe some chocolate on the side. ;)