PDA

View Full Version : Mousewait Vs. RideMax

Doug
12-28-2009, 04:46 PM
I wonder if anyone is using Mouswait in place of ridemax.... All I ever really wanted from Ridemax was the wait time info, since making a rigid schedule is out of the question, unless there was an iPhone Ridemax ap. Thoughts?

Doug

janell
12-28-2009, 05:57 PM
I wonder if anyone is using Mouswait in place of ridemax.... All I ever really wanted from Ridemax was the wait time info, since making a rigid schedule is out of the question, unless there was an iPhone Ridemax ap. Thoughts?

Doug

Ive tired mousewait a few times. Here and there though out the day. Its seems to work good. It works best if a lot of people in the park are using it.

olegc
12-29-2009, 07:15 AM
well - it's not a perfect comparison (like oranges and tangerines).
RideMax is all about planning your day - maximizing the number of rides in a day - so it's all about the schedule. The wait times are all estimates based on data people sent in - and it's a lot of data over time. So there is a good chance its model is correct. However, it is based on past dates, not the day you are going.

MouseWait is all about wait times and nothing else - so it's what you want. However, you have to rely on other people to be using it and use it correctly and all the time. so you would benefit from other people posting (and, of course, you are expected to post as well. Don't be a data hog).

Actually - MouseWait has contests now, etc. , to drum up eyeballs for the service but how much does that take away from its mission.

Neither of these are property of Disney - so you may or may not be getting the accurate info. Ultimately the Park's iPhone App will provide that for you - but then you need an iPhone.

Bottome line - IMHO - RideMax is for scheduling but has some wait time data but it's an estimate. MouseWait is on the day of posting but you're relying on other people to do all the work for you - and to do it effectively.

stan4d_steph
12-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Neither of these are property of Disney - so you may or may not be getting the accurate info. Ultimately the Park's iPhone App will provide that for you - but then you need an iPhone. Correction: The park's app is on Verizon service, not the iPhone. There is no official Disney Parks iPhone app.

MouseWait is useful for deciding where to go on the fly by checking approximate wait times. One thing I really liked about it was the special Passholders section with information on blockout days and available discounts.

I've never used Ridemax, but it is a tool for those who want to plan ahead and stick to a routine rather than deciding while on the go.

olegc
12-29-2009, 07:41 AM
thanks for the correction, although the way the DisneyParks blog pumped up the apps and promoted the heck out of them you'd swear they were Disney's.

Or do you mean they do belong to Disney but they are on Verizon, not iPhone?

olegc
12-29-2009, 07:42 AM
I've never used Ridemax, but it is a tool for those who want to plan ahead and stick to a routine rather than deciding while on the go.

I've used it several times but must admit I never stuck to the overall schedule. I use it as a suggestion tool for planning the day, then stay flexible for unseen or uknown issues.

stan4d_steph
12-29-2009, 08:12 AM
thanks for the correction, although the way the DisneyParks blog pumped up the apps and promoted the heck out of them you'd swear they were Disney's.

Or do you mean they do belong to Disney but they are on Verizon, not iPhone?Disney is partnered with Verizon, so no iPhone (iPhone is currently only AT&T).

RockDoc07
12-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Though isn't there an iPhone app that shows current wait times in the park? One of my coworkers is obsessed with his iPhone and he is planning his first trip to DLR in February for him and his gf. He was showing me this app that showed him up to the minute wait times from DLR. Anyone know more about this?

Doc

stan4d_steph
12-30-2009, 05:37 AM
Though isn't there an iPhone app that shows current wait times in the park? One of my coworkers is obsessed with his iPhone and he is planning his first trip to DLR in February for him and his gf. He was showing me this app that showed him up to the minute wait times from DLR. Anyone know more about this?

DocMouseWait shows wait times, but it is a crowdsourced app. It depends on people being in the park putting in the wait times they see. There is no direct link to actual Disney information from official Disneyland sources.

TouringPlans.com (the people behind the Unofficial Guide) also has a mobile website that lists expected wait times based on their extensive historical data, as well as crowdsourced input.

janell
12-30-2009, 05:45 AM
It's funny that the Disney app is with Verison and not iPhone. Steve Jobs is working with Disney on their stores so I would have guessed the app would be with iPhone. Oh well what do I know? lol

MouseWait
12-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Hello! I saw this post and I figured I would jump in and add to the conversation - MouseWait for iPhone determines wait times based on a proprietary algorithm that has hundreds of different variables including MouseWait users entering wait times, a historical wait time database, agents in the park, and our patent-pending MouseRank technology which ranks users based on accuracy and puts more weight on their submissions.

Granted, the wait times will not always be 100% accurate, but as our user base grows and our algorithm is fine-tuned, our wait times will become extremely accurate. Also, since MouseWait is free and it is the highest rated Disneyland app in the history of the app store, we have the best chance of developing a community large enough to generate accurate wait times - we already have over 16,000 users and we have only been live for a little over 2 months.

One of the most popular features of MouseWait is the Live Chat Lounge - due to our large user base, we have a lot of people in their everyday and we are able to get the most up-to-date, real-time information directly from the parks. MouseWait also has the Hojo Mattercam built in, live streaming Disneyland music, Annual Passholder info, and we stream live updates directly to the app during the day.

Anyway, thanks for letting me post, MouseWait is free and we are constantly adding new things to the app so it is perfect for all Disneyland fans with iPhones or iPod Touches (other versions coming soon).