PDA

View Full Version : A Question about the Matterhorn....

CaliforniaCrazy
07-23-2001, 12:30 AM
Went to Disneyland today, and I've noticed that the sound from the Matterhorn is different than when they closed it. The Abominable Snowman could be heard almost anywhere in Fantasyland, and you could hardly hear the wind blowing. Now that it has opened up again, it's the other way around. Did they fix the speakers when they fixed the elevators too? I used to love hearing the Snowman's big mighty roar when I visited the park. Now, all I hardly hear is wind and snow. What gives? :confused:

DisneylandKid
07-23-2001, 01:10 PM
I like the wind and snow sounds. Maybe an occasional roar from the snowman would be nice... but it might again "scare the younger kids.":)

80S ERA
07-23-2001, 01:53 PM
Just came back from the park yesterday and noticed the same thing. Also, I wonder why they moved the standby lines that once circled the mountain into a very ugly zig-zag area in front of the entrance?

Dreamstaker
07-23-2001, 05:52 PM
Yes I noticed the wind sound can be heard from farther away.

Why did they move the lines? Will they be doing construction over by the lagoon. (ok I'm reaching - but it could happen).

I never noticed the crystal's made noise before either, so maybe they fixed the sound system.

CaliforniaCrazy
07-23-2001, 05:57 PM
The ice crystals sounds has been there before, because it is on the track of Matterhorn sound effects on the Disneyland Forever CDs.

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-23-2001, 07:26 PM
Interesting...

Napsto
07-23-2001, 09:44 PM
i love the horn of matter.

mrfantasmic
07-24-2001, 02:52 PM
The lines were moved to make the lines look shorter. If you ask me, I'd say they looked much longer.

Uncle Dick
02-24-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by mrfantasmic
The lines were moved to make the lines look shorter. If you ask me, I'd say they looked much longer.

I thought they were moved to reduce congestion along the side walkways and allow the west side to operate during parades. At any rate, it does make the whole Matterhorn loading area look very crowded.

Originally posted by DisneylandKid
I like the wind and snow sounds. Maybe an occasional roar from the snowman would be nice... but it might again "scare the younger kids."

That's certainly a feasible explanation. Today on the Monorail, a little girl was screaming and crying, trying to get off because she thought it went through the Matterhorn "where the monster lives". She seemed too young to have ridden on the bobsleds so I suppose the roaring noises are what gave her a fright.

MonorailMan
02-24-2002, 06:50 PM
Uncle Dick, your really are a gravedigger.

(That 2 "Un-Dead" Threads) :)

Uncle Dick
02-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Uncle Dick, your really are a gravedigger.

(That 2 "Un-Dead" Threads) :)

Hey, when it's a slow Sunday evening, and I'm bored, there's nothing more fun than visiting old topics that I haven't commented on yet.