PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on the [Feb.] 16th?

iAmJacksDLand
02-10-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm planning on going to DL on the 16th of February and was wondering about the crowds. Given that it is a three day weekend (with Monday off)?

It's imperitive for reasons I cannot mention that the Indiana Jones que is relatively empty. ::monicle laugh::

MonorailMan
02-10-2003, 06:09 PM
1 word: Busy. Especally with the So Cal 2 days, 2 parks ticket.

But, If your there, drop by the Hub at noon, near the White Rabbit statue. We'd clove for you to say "Hi!". :D

iAmJacksDLand
02-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Well then MonorailMan, I may not make the trip down the 5 out there. Can then anybody reccomend a good day to go?- a weekend day preferably.

RideMax Mark
02-11-2003, 09:40 AM
If you're determined to visit on the weekend, I would advise arriving early -- this means for a Saturday visit being in line at the turnstyle by 7:30AM. Even if the day turns out to be busy later on, you should be able to walk-on to anything with little or no waiting the first hour or so.

Berry Princess
02-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Can then anybody reccomend a good day to go?- a weekend day preferably.

Sunday mornings, even a holiday weekend, are usually pretty quiet. Not sure how the line for Indy would be though cause we usually don't do it unless there is enough of us since our oldest can't ride it yet. But we will be there Sunday. :D

Berry Princess
02-11-2003, 12:47 PM
One more thing...if you want weekday then go in the middle of the week on Wed. It should be quiet then.

iAmJacksDLand
02-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Planning a class trip to DL around late May or early June... will Fantasmic be started by then? vivi says hi =D

Berry Princess
02-11-2003, 01:42 PM
or early June... will Fantasmic be started by then?

I'm not sure exactly but thought I saw something awhile ago that said in June it would start. Not sure when though.

iAmJacksDLand
02-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Rain is being forecasted for Sunday the 16th. Is that a good thing or a bad thing (not that DL is bad in the rain, but I'm speaking crowd-wise)??!

Berry Princess
02-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Rain is a good thing! We have gone many times and there is like no one there. Except 1 time and there was a bit more then we expect cause it was pouring down that day. They do have certain rides shut down though cause of the rain and them being outside like they are. But crowd wise it can be good.

iAmJacksDLand
02-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Indy is inside, so it would be open right? That, Splash, and the BB. That's all I need. Oh, and of course - Jungle Cruise in the rain, that is the best.

Berry Princess
02-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Indy should be open since it is inside. I know rain or shine we will be there on Sunday. I love Disneyland in the rain! :)

Rednoyz
02-13-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Berry Princess
I'm not sure exactly but thought I saw something awhile ago that said in June it would start. Not sure when though.

I've seen June 23 quoted somewheres. So... that
would be late June before we once again get to
have our eyebrows toasted. :D By the way, just
what is the name of our Dragon friend, when he/she/it's Malecefant{sp} transformed??

socabch
02-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by iAmJacksDLand
Rain is being forecasted for Sunday the 16th. Is that a good thing or a bad thing (not that DL is bad in the rain, but I'm speaking crowd-wise)??!

Rain is definately a good thing. We went today and the rain stopped about 2:30 or so. We still got on the rides in 15 minutes or less. I thought once the weather cleared up and it got later in the afternoon it would start getting busy. But it didn't. I've gone a few times while it's rained but today was the best of all of them. The only down side is some of the rides don't open during the rain.

BTW Thunder Mtn is the best in the rain.

newhdplayer
05-24-2003, 07:33 PM
It'll be really crowded this weekend.

jerjer2005
05-24-2003, 07:43 PM
so many things to say...

concerning THIS weekends crouds:
The crouds may be up or down... due to the current state of our country and the low travel right now we never know what will happen with the crouds. (i will be in the park on sunday.)

concerning the re-opening of Fantasmic!:
Fantasmic is indeed returning at the end of June... although only for one weekend... then it will be closed i think around 3 weeks (dont quote me on that) until the pirates premere event is completely over... then it will start back up again and run through the summer.

concerning your request for a not so crouded weekend:
September weekends are always good (especially sundays) and March is great too.

Have a great trip!

HBTiggerFan
05-24-2003, 09:25 PM
You know, this is going to defeat the purpose, but this thread was about crowds in February!

WHY was it dug up in MAY??? If you want to discuss MEMORIAL DAY then start a new thread please!!!!!!!!!

DisneyFan25863
05-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
You know, this is going to defeat the purpose, but this thread was about crowds in February!

WHY was it dug up in MAY??? If you want to discuss MEMORIAL DAY then start a new thread please!!!!!!!!!

Because now we know what the crowds were like, so we can tell the OP.

Wait....somthing isn't right.....:fez:

I agree, HBTF ;)