PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy Update

K & S
12-22-2009, 05:21 PM
I posted this on March 19th:

This has got to be an all time Disney low for merchandising...

A friend and I were at DL last St Patrick’s Day and saw a cute cream colored shirt with Mickey dressed in Irish garb and “08" on the left sleeve. Sadly they didn’t have it in my size, a CM called to check on it and told me they were out of the shirt throughout the park, Surprisingly they showed up a few months later at the Character Warehouse in all sizes. So I bought the shirt not for the $28 marked price, but for $10.

Fast forward to March 1st this year. We were at DL to celebrate a family member’s birthday and my friend sees some shirts like the one I had bought last year and she buys one for $28 dollars without looking too closely. Tuesday we decided to go to DL and she wore her shirt. I glanced at her shirt when she got into the car and notice a somewhat crooked shamrock on the left sleeve, in a shade of green that actually clashed with the shirt’s decorations. I mentioned to her that my shirt has an “08" when the shamrock is on her shirt. She turned the sleeve hem over and low and behold the “08" was clearly visible under the crooked shamrock.

We both had a good laugh at all the shirts we saw Tuesday with mismatched shamrocks on the sleeves.

The shirts are now back at the outlet for $14.00, crooked patch and all.

:~D

olegc
12-22-2009, 06:44 PM
SQUEEZE! SQUEEZE! SQUEEZE every penny you can! Those dumb guests will never know the difference. They'll buy anything that says Disney..

Did Paul Pressler somehow make his way back? :eek:

cstephens
12-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Did Paul Pressler somehow make his way back? :eek:

Dead.horse.seriously.

stan4d_steph
12-23-2009, 06:03 AM
The shirts are now back at the outlet for $14.00, crooked patch and all.

:~DI almost want one, just for the ridiculousness of the thing. Hey, white elephant gift!

olegc
12-23-2009, 07:20 AM
Dead.horse.seriously.

it's not my fault the same common cheesy business practices show up - and one way I know of folks identifying with that is calling that rascal up. Seriously to you -how else other than a paragraph or two can you identify with poor decisions and a lack of understanding of the theme park overall busienss than just his name..

K & S
12-23-2009, 07:51 AM
it's not my fault the same common cheesy business practices show up - and one way I know of folks identifying with that is calling that rascal up. Seriously to you -how else other than a paragraph or two can you identify with poor decisions and a lack of understanding of the theme park overall busienss than just his name..

Exactly! This type of deceptive merchandising isn't what people expect from the Disney name.

Although we laugh about it, I hope this and other things I’ve seen in this past year don’t indicate the overall direction in which the company is going. Otherwise the park I love will cease to exist within ten years or so.

The old man
12-24-2009, 12:41 PM
I didn't think this update was cheesy. I thought it was interesting.

Tinkermommy
01-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Stopped by the Pomona Disney outlet last night (which is very close to my new house -- yay!) and discovered these shirts there!! It was the clashing shamrock that initially caught my eye. I remembered this post and flipped up the sleeve. Lo and behold, there was the 08! The Tinkerteen and I had a big laugh over that!

We were the only customers in the store and ended up chatting with the employees. They had no idea the shirts contained hidden 08s, but they found it as funny as we did.

Regrettably, I forgot to look at the price -- but I'm pretty sure it was more than $10. I may have to go back just to look!