PDA

View Full Version : Evil New Parking Policies

Disney Fan Matt
07-22-2001, 09:15 PM
Is other AP upset about the fact that they can't park in the Lion King Parking lot anymore with their parking pass?? Now all AP's have to park in the parking garage... Often a very long tram ride and walk to the car after a long day at the park! The old parking lot was so much better, a whole lot closer to the parks. Does anyone else not like this new policy?

zapppop
07-22-2001, 10:00 PM
The same thing happened to me this weekend.

I think it's a complete rip off to pay $35 to have the prividge to park there when they're only gonna remove it in a few months to expand Disney's California Aventure.

Personally, I don't like driving to the new parking structure but new it was only a matter of time before I had no choice.

Oh, well.

Hakuna Matata

Napsto
07-22-2001, 11:07 PM
iiiissss all good.

Darkbeer
07-23-2001, 12:29 AM
All my material that I bought/renewed my AP said I had to use the Mickey and Friends lot... If you have been using something else, you have been given an extra benefit, it is now summer and peak season.... I get a discount, but want it all..... sounds like a double standard...:D

Maleficent0
07-23-2001, 10:56 AM
Personally, I like the parking structure. After a long day, it's wonderful to drive directly from the structure to the I-5. Do not pass go.

I've also been impressed with the tram service, as it's been fairly speedy. And I've walked to Downtown Disney from the structure, and that's not to bad of a walk either.

Ralph Wiggum
07-23-2001, 11:02 AM
Like one person said already, required AP parking has been a rule since the new structure opened but has not been inforced too much. Its on the slip that they give you when you get your pass(the one that tells you all your benefits).

Gandalf
07-23-2001, 11:54 AM
The last few times we've visited we chose to park in the structure. It's nice to come back to a vehicle that you can't fry an egg on the leather seats. We still worry about the security in the structure but haven't had any problems so far.

Flubber
07-23-2001, 03:29 PM
I noticed that parking in the structure for APs is subject to availability. What happens when parking isn't available? (Pay to park at an overflow lot? Go away mad?)

Just curious if anyone has run into this yet.

Flub

Ralph Wiggum
07-23-2001, 03:42 PM
I had the same question. I dont remember where i got the info but no you dont have to pay for overflow parking.

Napsto
07-23-2001, 03:42 PM
i think al mentioned a while ago that you park for free in overflow anyway.

Ralph Wiggum
07-23-2001, 04:11 PM
Thats where I heard it

CTB21
07-23-2001, 04:23 PM
The thing I do not like about the parking structure is they start parking from the top down, so if I get there real early and leave at around 5pm my car is like an oven .:(

Maleficent0
07-23-2001, 06:14 PM
Curious, but I've been there on some pretty insanely busy day, and that parking structure seems to handle the volume. Is there really a chance that that structure can fill entirely up? Has it happened yet?

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-23-2001, 07:29 PM
I don't pay attention to parking policies very much. I usually just stay across in a hotel the way and walk there. And I miss the sign so much that I cry if i see a parking lot nearby.;)

Gauchograd99
07-23-2001, 08:24 PM
I park in the structure as I have to.. but I am rather annoyed with it. I wanna get back to Katella and drive home, not take the 5 to the 22... that is the long way for me... not that a complaint will do anything about it since they built it for pretty much freeway use only.

Briarose710
07-23-2001, 08:35 PM
to answer someones question , yes the structure has filled up before and they've had to use overflow. I for one like parking in the structure as opposed to the Lion king lot , (no real readon why i just do

Dreamstaker
07-23-2001, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Gauchograd99
I park in the structure as I have to.. but I am rather annoyed with it. I wanna get back to Katella and drive home, not take the 5 to the 22... that is the long way for me... not that a complaint will do anything about it since they built it for pretty much freeway use only.

You don't have to go on the freeway, stay to the middle lanes and turn left on ball and left on walnut. That will take you back to Katella and you can go left or right from there.

Napsto
07-23-2001, 11:21 PM
good job

EandCDad
07-24-2001, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by CTB21
The thing I do not like about the parking structure is they start parking from the top down, so if I get there real early and leave at around 5pm my car is like an oven .:(

Unfortunately, this was the case with every car in the old lot. The parking structure has never been anything but easy for me. The trams are plentiful and it has been easy in and easy out every time.

lisap
07-24-2001, 06:41 AM
One morning we were one of the very first cars in the structure (January weekday), and we were sent all the way to the top edge. When we got out a cool breeze was blowing and for once the horizon was as clear as a bell--Anaheim actually looked beautiful at 8am.

(Now, if I can romanticize about a massive hunk of concrete, why can't I get excited about DCA?)

blusilva
07-24-2001, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by lisap
One morning we were one of the very first cars in the structure (January weekday), and we were sent all the way to the top edge. When we got out a cool breeze was blowing and for once the horizon was as clear as a bell--Anaheim actually looked beautiful at 8am.

So, how was the hike back to your car after hours and hours of walking around the Disneyland Resort?

;)

lisap
07-24-2001, 02:11 PM
Peachy--

a. Stepped on the tram
b. Stepped off the tram
c. Walked 15 steps to the escalator
d. Rode it to the top, walked 15 steps to the car
e. Opened all the doors and trunk for a few minutes ...

and that was that!

(I know it seems like a lot of steps, but really it was too easy...)
:D

EandCDad
07-24-2001, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by lisap
Peachy--

a. Stepped on the tram
b. Stepped off the tram
c. Walked 15 steps to the escalator
d. Rode it to the top, walked 15 steps to the car
e. Opened all the doors and trunk for a few minutes ...

and that was that!

(I know it seems like a lot of steps, but really it was too easy...)
:D

Actually, I think I used to walk longer to get my car at the old parking lot. I'm not saying it took longer, but in actual walking distance, it's usually pretty short in the structure. Once they put us on the backside and we had to walk a way. I don't understand why they didn't put trams at both ends.

HBTiggerFan
07-24-2001, 06:21 PM
Some other alternatives for those who don't take the 5....

exit the structure, stay all the way to the left, U-Turn back onto Disneyland Dr. then follow the signs for DTD. That street will put you out onto West St. eventually and is alot faster than Harbor. You can take West St to Katella or until it ends at Garden Grove Blvd.

Also, for those comming up the 22, exit Harbor, go Left on West St....That will turn into Disneyland Dr., then you just U-Turn at Ball Rd. and follow the signs into the structure.

And on that note, I just had to share that when I went on July 4, there was no one in the structre directing traffic and these people in SUVs had no clue where to go and decided to U-Turn right by the UP ramps!! BUT the good thing of no one there was Goofy was the next level open so I drove right on up and since there was no one there to direct me where to park I took the first spot right infront of the esclator! I guess that makes up for almost being nailed by some SUVs in my little car.

Rok
07-24-2001, 09:17 PM
I don't mind the parking structure, but we always seem to get stuck in the far back corner. Oh well it's probably god for me, I have to walk that grand gibson off.