PDA

View Full Version : Taste Pilots Grill? what happened?

Pages : [1] 2

nursechrissy32
12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Blech! Really?!!! 65 dollars and a tummy ache later!

It's been a while...we ate here last year, and if I remember right...it was pretty good.

We ordered 2 regular cheese burgers with fries. I asked for "extra well done" to be greeted with a patty that looked...I swear microwaved..and when I asked to have it cooked a lil' more, I was told "all burgers are well done"

My husband ordered the chili burger...and when 2 teaspoons were placed on the microwave burger...he asked for more and was told "everyone gets one scoop only."

The children's meal...used to be in the plastic box with yummy treats....well....

The two little cheesburger meals...did not have cheese...and instead of the apples, the kids were given dried cranberries...what kid eats a dried cranberry anyways?

The kids chicken nugget...was seriously....2 nugget size pieces of chicken in a plastic mickey head plate.

Asking for clarification on what was supposed to be given to the kids...or for a little more chili on the burger we paid 8 dollars for...we were given rude responses from the kid behind the counter.

So..we gave up, and we sit down my husband: "tell everyone on Mouseplanet, you will feel better"

Haha...he DOES know me....17 years later, millions of letters written by his wife.....he does know.....

So...anyone else notice the downfall of the Taste Pilots Grill?

Rufus T Firefly
12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Hmm. We haven't been there for a couple of years. Based on what you said, we probably won't be back for awhile. Sorry you had such a bad experience. We used to enjoy it too.

mechurchlady
12-21-2009, 09:08 PM
I am a fan of Taste Pilot's Grill and have not had problems even with a gluten free bun being ordered.

orchid2
12-21-2009, 09:33 PM
First time I ate there years ago the burgers were under cooked and I got sick that night ... never went back again....

olegc
12-21-2009, 11:04 PM
i ate there in october and the burger was obviously pre-cooked off site and then shipped in. then they heated it at the facility. Do I have proof? only because it's the same kind of burger you find at AM/PM (yes, in desperation on long trips and low on cash I get those). pre-cooked, microwaved, and warmer-soggy. Sound familiar?

I can't speak to the rest of the meal you had since I had not ordered those items - but I am hardly surprised. It seems about right for either another price increase or a portion downsizing. Maybe you got the preview...

Personally i have stopped ordering sandwiches, burgers, and salads at both parks because the value is not there. As soon as the corndogs come back this is where I tend to go when I am by myself, or zocalo or pizza port and split meals - or plaza inn. Although last time we were at Pizza port the pasta seemed smaller.

One other good deal I thought was breakfast burrito at Tomorrowland Terrace. although, that's breakfast and hardly a burger.

kiowa
12-22-2009, 02:37 AM
As soon as the corndogs come back this is where I tend to go when I am by myself,

The corndog can still be found at DCA, Bountiful Valley Farmers Market serves them till corndog castle returns

DwarfPlanet
12-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Did you leave a guest complaint at customer service?

Tinkermommy
12-22-2009, 08:10 AM
We haven't eaten there since they did away with the smiley face potatoes. (You wouldn't believe how much fun you can have with those and some condiments.) The potatoes made what always seemed to be an unusually long wait worthwhile.

candles71
12-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Oleg- the pasta portiona are smaller, there was a thread sometime back about it.

houseofmouse
12-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Did you leave a guest complaint at customer service?

I second that. It is one thing to complain here, which we all appreciate a heads up but DL or DCA is the place to officially file a complaint. Especially if you get sick.

CariBelle
12-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Hmm we ate there in May and I thought it was still good. I had the kid's sliders and thought they were the same quality as in the past.

nursechrissy32
12-22-2009, 12:47 PM
I did make a complaint online...I went to City Hall to complain, but the line was out the door, down the street....and irritated husband already? haha...I think most of you know what I am saying!

Netalff
12-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Earlier this year I said that Disney Land seemed to be getting cheesy. The new CM's were not as nice, and the food quality was different. I was right, the corn dogs were made smaller, and are now half chicken/beef and ?. also the food portions in some of the restaurants are smaller and of lower quality, but the prices have risen. Even the peanut brittle went up by $1.00 over night. Disney reports that the sales and profit margin is down, well ya, more people are not spending their money on the overpriced food and junk, they are bringing their own food or going out of the park to eat. The Disney Corp. is only thinking of the bottom line, and what their doing will bit them in the tail. Except for a few of us, we don't need DLR's they need us!!

candles71
12-23-2009, 09:54 AM
I did make a complaint online...I went to City Hall to complain, but the line was out the door, down the street....and irritated husband already? haha...I think most of you know what I am saying!

Don't forget therer is a guest services in DCA, which usually has no line.

screamin4ever
12-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I have always ordered the chicken sandwich and I still like it. The kid's meals there have become more skimpy for sure. So we just order an adult sandwich and split it in two.

Food at the DLR is not what it used to be. We used to eat at the buffeterias on the west side of the park all of the time. But the menus changed so many times to food became light on protein and heavy on carbs and sauces. (Higher profit margins). The prices for "fast food" have always been way beyond reasonable at DL.

So we do stop at a restaurant before entering so I am only forced to buy one meal in the park. Although I do bring in healthy snacks and water. If the prices for fruit and water weren't out of control, I would buy them there.

darph nader
12-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Earlier this year I said that Disney Land seemed to be getting cheesy. The new CM's were not as nice, and the food quality was different. I was right, the corn dogs were made smaller, and are now half chicken/beef and ?. also the food portions in some of the restaurants are smaller and of lower quality, but the prices have risen. Even the peanut brittle went up by $1.00 over night. Disney reports that the sales and profit margin is down, well ya, more people are not spending their money on the overpriced food and junk, they are bringing their own food or going out of the park to eat. The Disney Corp. is only thinking of the bottom line, and what their doing will bit them in the tail. Except for a few of us, we don't need DLR's they need us!!

Right on the nose. I know the object of every business is to keep costs as low as possible and profits at a maximum,but this is getting silly. :( The story about APs bringing alot of $$ up front is good 'but' not everyone spends $ after that. Don't get me wrong,if we lived closer,we'd have APs also. That doesn't mean we'd spend $ every time. The bottom line,Yes. The 'long term' bottom line,maybe later. :rolleyes:

The old man
12-24-2009, 12:34 PM
To me it has always been difficult eating anything good in DCA. The wait at the Mexican place is always interminable. And the food uneatable. Their hot dog place, besides also having slow lines, is not good. The reviews for the reopened Chinese has been almost 100% negative. And I don't know how any adult can eat a corn dog.

The last couple of visits we've gone to Whitewater Snacks and been happier.

cstephens
12-24-2009, 02:57 PM
The only place that has remained consistent for me is Pacific Wharf Cafe. I love their salads, and their chili is good too. The husband is not happy with them anymore since they took away the salad that he used to get.

Nancy
12-25-2009, 07:36 PM
The only place that has remained consistent for me is Pacific Wharf Cafe. I love their salads, and their chili is good too. The husband is not happy with them anymore since they took away the salad that he used to get.

I remember their veggie chilie was very good.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
12-25-2009, 09:26 PM
We ate there just a couple weeks ago and it was great. I had the ribs and my wife had the chili burger. She was afraid there might not be enough chili on her burger (that has been the case before) so we ordered extra. They charged only $1 extra for the chili and her burger had plenty plus there was the extra little cup of chili. We ended up making chili fries we had so much. I ordered the 3 ribs and they gave me 4 or 5. It was a great meal. We like the new fry's better than the old ones. We have eaten there when things were not quite this great, however it's never been less than acceptable for us.

leota's necklace
12-26-2009, 12:17 AM
And I don't know how any adult can eat a corn dog.

We generally do it with eyes closed, making nummy noises.

The old corndogs were bliss on a stick with mustard.

ktrm
12-26-2009, 10:13 AM
I have never really liked the food at DL since I have been going there. We started going frequentely since the 50th celebration. I have gotten so desperate that this last trip we even tried the NAPA Rose but just ate the appetizers and kids meals in the lounge. The food portions and the wine pours were ridiculously small especially for the price. The service was not at all good. No one explained the diligently selected cheese platter for us. I have just about given up all together and go to food places in the GardenWalk. They are much much better and much much cheaper. The only place I have not tried that I still want to is Goofys kitchen. Heres hoping that this restaurant is good but I am skeptical.

cynthia312
12-26-2009, 05:46 PM
i love taste pilots grill. i never had a problem with it.

DisneyFunFamily4
12-26-2009, 06:04 PM
we ate at Taste Pilots the weekend before Christmas, DH and I shared a chicken sandwich, the chicken was 1/2 the size of the bun! DD9 had the ribs, she liked them, they were out of apples for the kids meal so DD6 had fries and the two chicken nuggets (I agree they are totally skimping on the meat). And Dh and I shared the chili fries, we liked the old fries better. We use to eat here a lot but stopped due to the heart burn factor... That being said, it was OK, not great, but not horrid. It was around $30+ for the 4 of us w/ the AP discount, not bad for Disney. But a hour or so later DH and I were again looking for the tums.

explodingboy
12-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I try to never eat anywhere in the park, if I have to though I only go to Pizza Port, because the pizza is pretty good & the portions are decent (I used to go to the McDonald's in California Adventure, because the food was the same as a regular McDonald's & the price was a little more than regular, but soon I would come to find out there is no longer one there)

But yeah I try to eat prior, or after. The pricetag is what kills me the most. They are asking (I think) 3.50 for a churro now. Maybe thats just me but that seems a little hefty for a sugar stick..