PDA

View Full Version : Is Disney Money collectible? Does the value increase.

james362001
02-08-2003, 01:37 PM
I am some one that likes to use the Disney Dollars in exchange for my real currency. Not all my money, but maybe just $10 or $20 dollars worth which can be used at the restaurants and shops inside Disneyland as real currency. Are Disney Dollars collectible? Do old mint-like condition Disney Dollars increase in value? (Maybe only to collecters and a collectors show). If not, then I guess I can use my old Disney Dollars on my next visit. :confused:

smd4
02-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Some are indeed collectible. I am no expert, but some were fairly rare (like the 1 dollar bill with Mickey on the back, driving in Toontown, to celebrate that land's opening). Someone with expertise may be able to guide you better.

rexfarms
02-08-2003, 11:10 PM
I was wondering this same thing. I am sure that after a while, all Disney merch/products/etc is worth something.

experiment626
02-09-2003, 09:44 AM
Disney Dollars, just as with any other type of collectable, only increases in value if someone is willing to pay for it.

rexfarms
02-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by experiment626
Disney Dollars, just as with any other type of collectable, only increases in value if someone is willing to pay for it.

True but I am sure that in 50 years, Disney Dollars from 2003 will be worth something because people will buy Disney tickets, maps, papers, etc from 1955.