PDA

View Full Version : Those extra turns (on the turn style)

HBTiggerFan
02-08-2003, 11:11 AM
I know that some people like to give the their favorite rides a few extra turns of the turnstile to show that it is "popular" so they *suits* don't close them down.

However those extra turns are just messing with the ride per capital formula they (the suits) use when determining the average of how many rides people can fit into a day.

I think that we should no longer turn the extra turns so they can get a more accurate view of how many rides a 1-day visitor can ride in a day.

not that I actually think one of 2 extra turns is doing anything, its the idea of maybe it is.

DisneyFan25863
02-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Someones been reading a little MiceAge.......

I agree, because pushing it MORE times would say that there are LESS people on the walkways and MORE people in the rides, so management may take that as tip that they could CLOSE down rides! :eek:

rexfarms
02-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Well maybe we should just hop over them. Then it wouldnt count at all!

Laffite
02-08-2003, 08:50 PM
The people that give the extra turns are minority. When you take the average between entrance and exit at the end of the day, you get a fairly accurate count. To simply put, the people that give extra turns doesn't skew the average by significant, or noticeable amount.

rexfarms
02-08-2003, 11:02 PM
True, so now I am confused. Do I give the smaller attractions a few extra "spins" or do I not? I want to do whats best for the attraction.:confused:

DisneyFan25863
02-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by rexfarms
True, so now I am confused. Do I give the smaller attractions a few extra "spins" or do I not? I want to do whats best for the attraction.:confused:

I don't, for reasons explained eairlier