PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Captain EO to return to Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AVP
12-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Ending months of speculation, the Disneyland Resort confirmed this morning via a posting on the Disney Parks Blog (link (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/)) that Captain EO will return to Tomorrowland for a "Limited Engagement" starting in February, 2010.

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience will close sometime in January to make room for the return of EO. No start or end dates have been announced, and no additional details are available.

AVP

BlkPearlCptn
12-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Best news I've heard in a long time. THANK YOU for posting that!!!:D

houseofmouse
12-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Will be fun to see it again. If I can get there while it is running.
Maybe once it is done, something new will replace HISTA! I would love to show it to my kids!

bennette
12-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Well, I find it disconcerting, still. But I suppose I can support just about anything if they get rid of HISTA.

DwarfPlanet
12-18-2009, 11:45 AM
I never took the time to see EO while it was there originally and hope it will be showing during our trip in Feb. cool news.

I also liked HISTA even though it did get old after awhile. Its the loudest I ever heard my wife scream when the mice were released, I think she was heard all the way over to DCA. LMAO so hard I had tears and my chest hurt. I knew what was coming and she didn't. I was not a Dear Husband there for awhile :~D

mkraemer
12-18-2009, 11:49 AM
I think HISTA has outlived its stay at Disneyland, and I'll be happy to see something new take its place. And considering the outpouring of requests for Captain Eo to make a return visit to the park, it's really nice to see Disney bringing this favorite back, even if it is for a limited time. Yet *another* reason to visit Disneyland this spring!

(I'm crossing my fingers for Philharmagic to end up in the HISTA auditorium eventually!!) :rolleyes:

olegc
12-18-2009, 12:13 PM
I like EO - but isn't all the Jacko hype over with? It will make an initial hit for a couple of months and then I would think have average attendance for the remainder of the year. Can you see EO being in there for 5 years? it could happen but I hope not.

club33az
12-18-2009, 01:07 PM
The link:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/12/captain-eo-returns-to-disneyland-resort/

club33az
12-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I like EO - but isn't all the Jacko hype over with? It will make an initial hit for a couple of months and then I would think have average attendance for the remainder of the year. Can you see EO being in there for 5 years? it could happen but I hope not.
I think it'd be better than HISTA for more than that time.

mechurchlady
12-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Mom did fine with HISTA except for the cat/lion which unnerved her. She is in a wheelchair so she did not get to feel the mice. I like HISTA but the building and equipment is in need of repair and updating. I have stigmatism in my eyes and health issues like allergies can send them out of kilter. I am certain I was healthy and that the problem was the equipment as the picture at times was not in sync.

Oh joy another thing closed in January. I will see Captain Eo one time with Mom preferably.

Andrew
12-18-2009, 02:00 PM
I'll be there to see it at least once.

The Magic Eye theater was mostly gutted in between EO and HIStA, down to removing the concrete foundation down to bare dirt. I wonder how much work will be done inside to change back?

mechurchlady
12-18-2009, 03:04 PM
I'll be there to see it at least once.

The Magic Eye theater was mostly gutted in between EO and HIStA, down to removing the concrete foundation down to bare dirt. I wonder how much work will be done inside to change back?
repeat, rinse

That is what I am hoping for because the building is getting old and needs new technology and safety features and roof and ...

BlkPearlCptn
12-18-2009, 03:36 PM
repeat, rinse

That is what I am hoping for because the building is getting old and needs new technology and safety features and roof and ...

I'm sure it meets safety features and has a safe roof, otherwise it would not meet code and the public would not be allowed inside.

Seashellmama
12-18-2009, 04:18 PM
If HISTA is closing in January and EO is opening in February, I can't see how they'd be doing a to-the-studs rebuild. Seems like HISTA needed the redo; EO can probably essentially overlay.

BlkPearlCptn
12-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Ok, I am a true EO fan...just cancelled my birthday trip this coming week and re-booked a room in Feb...main reason is to see EO. (It was one or the other... the good Captain won out!)

Rufus T Firefly
12-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Al Lutz does it again.

amelialourdes
12-18-2009, 06:53 PM
I AM SO EXCITED!

Guess I'll be planning to go often! Thank you season pass.

houseofmouse
12-20-2009, 08:40 AM
So my friend was there yesterday and asked how long it would be staying and was told until April 2010.
Who knows if it is accurate but thought I would post to help with anyone's trip planning just in case it is. She may have asked at City Hall but I forgot to ask.

mulansgirl
12-21-2009, 08:38 AM
if that is the case it is a very limited release. I kinda expected about a year not two months.

houseofmouse
12-21-2009, 09:50 AM
if that is the case it is a very limited release. I kinda expected about a year not two months.

:) But who knows really how long it will be.

kden
12-21-2009, 11:05 AM
It's amazing that Diney, of all companies, would glorify a pedophile like MJ

oregontraveler
12-21-2009, 12:19 PM
While I believe there is nothing like watching a film on the big screen, especially when it's 4D with the laser & fog effects. I just watched it on YouTube. This was a full-screen version, not a bootleg from inside the theater. WOW, what a cheesy production, reminds me of Phantom Menace.
Seems they did the same moves from 'Beat It', a used setpeice from Aliens
and voila...17 very confusing minutes. Sometimes it's safer not to go home again.

cstephens
12-21-2009, 01:44 PM
I just watched it on YouTube.[/I]

I'll have to reserve judgement until I see it in the theatre again to see how I personally think it holds up, but YouTube is no substitute for a lot of rides and attractions, including this one.

oregontraveler
12-21-2009, 02:26 PM
True True.... but I am old enough to remember seeing it at DL, and I also saw it at TDL in '96. So watching it again on the small screen gave me a reminder on how dated it is. If I happen to make it to DLR before the run is over then great. But I'm not going to change my vacations plans just because its back.

coronado_g
12-21-2009, 02:52 PM
I am absolutely thrilled about the prospect of seeing this long-ago favorite rescued from "Yesterland" and restored into "Tomorrowland"!! One more reason for me to renew my Annual Pass.