PDA

View Full Version : 46th Anniversary Pins Are Free. So Why Are You Paying ?

zapppop
07-21-2001, 04:09 PM
I WENT TO DISNEYLAND YESTERDAY AND GOT THE 46TH ANNIVERSARY MAP FOR FREE, THEN WENT TO THE 5 DIFFERENT AREAS TO COLLECT THE STAMPS, THEN WENT TO THE GALLERY ABOVE PIRATES AND GOT 1 PIN FOR THE 5 STAMPS, AND A 2ND PIN FOR BEING AN ANNUAL PASSPORT HOLDER.

THEN WHEN I GOT BACK HOME, I READ HERE ON MOUSEPLANET THAT SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE PAYING MONEY TO GET THE MAPS.

WHY ?

THE MAPS ARE FREE.

( P.S. I'M BACK :D I'M TIRED OF FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF )

Napsto
07-21-2001, 04:30 PM
ar you sure?

zapppop
07-21-2001, 05:08 PM
yes.

Napsto
07-21-2001, 06:07 PM
final answer?

CTB21
07-21-2001, 06:08 PM
The maps are not free and thats the problem most people do not want the maps they want the pins-- and the stamps just rub off so one map can be used over and over to get pin after pin so if I wanted to cheat Disneyland after I got my two pins I could just pass my map on to someone to do the same thing ,but that would be stealing- right?:rolleyes:

zapppop
07-21-2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by CTB21
The maps are not free and thats the problem most people do not want the maps they want the pins-- and the stamps just rub off so one map can be used over and over to get pin after pin so if I wanted to cheat Disneyland after I got my two pins I could just pass my map on to someone to do the same thing ,but that would be stealing- right?:rolleyes:

ARE YOU ON SOMETHING ?

PAY ATTENTION:

THE MAPS ARE FREE.
ASK FOR ONE FROM A CAST MEMBER AND HE OR SHE WILL GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW OR DID I GO TOO FAST FOR YOU ?

SHEESH ! :rolleyes:

cstephens
07-21-2001, 10:01 PM
The maps are not intended to be free. If you got yours free for some reason, you bypassed the normal system. It's a promotion - one is supposed to purchase the map. I don't think it's very nice to intentionally post incorrect information.

zapppop
07-21-2001, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
I don't think it's very nice to intentionally post incorrect information.

WHAT DID I POST THAT WAS INCORRECT ?

WHEN I WENT TO THE PARK, I ASKED FOR A MAP AND GOT IT FOR FREE, AS DID SEVERAL OTHER DISNEYLAND GUESTS.

I GOT 2 PINS FOR FREE BUT PEOPLE HERE ARE SAYING THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM.

THAT'S WHY I ASKED WHY PEOPLE ARE PAYING FOR THEM

Andrew
07-21-2001, 11:48 PM
Would you please not post in ALL CAPS, thank you.

Lani
07-22-2001, 01:10 AM
Sorry zapppop, but Andrew is right. Putting your text in ALL CAPS implies you are screaming at us, and this practice is generally frowned upon. You can get your message through by speaking in a normal tone of voice. :)

zapppop, I think perhaps you just happened to luck out on a day when the cast member may not have obtained the correct information about the maps.

I am looking at the Summer 2001 issue of the Annual Passholder News newsletter, and it has an article entitled "Set Sail on a Tour of Disneyland Park!" which states, explicitly:

"From July 15 through 29, 2001, Tour Maps will be available for purchase at the following locations: Disney Showcase, the Disneyana Shop, Autopia Winner's Circle, Fantasy Faire, Bonanza Outfitters, Tropical Imports, Pieces of Eight and The Disney Gallery.

"With map in hand, you'll be guided to five (5) different locations in the Park, where your map will be stamped, to verify your visit. Once you've visited all five (5) locations, stop by one of the following redemption locations: Disney Showcase, the Disneyana Shop, Main Street, U.S.A. orThe Disney Gallery, New Orleans Square to receive your commemorative anniversary pin.

"In addition, with the purchase of the Tour Map you will have the opportunity to purchase seven (7) limited-edition pins sailing pins. ...."

There are other bits of information but this covers the relevant issue of whether the map is free or not. Obviously according to the advertised newsletter article, it is available for purchase. So you may have gotten one for free, but this does not seem to be the correct policy. I suspect if you try to repeat your endeavor, you will be requested to pay for the map.

Napsto
07-22-2001, 02:25 AM
there right

cyberRoo
07-23-2001, 04:46 PM
Incidentally, this is all a moot point, as they ran out of maps Sunday around 2pm.

(I, unfortunately, got there at about 3pm.)

The leftover pins (they have as many pins as they do maps, but many people won't buy the whole pin series), may show up on racks later this week, or after the 29th when the promotion was supposed to end.

Not bad, they made it almost halfway through the promotion before they ran out.

CTB21
07-23-2001, 06:02 PM
IM not supprised they ran out -we saw a couple with twenty maps each; if you want one im sure they have them on e-bay -why else would one person need twenty maps?:confused:

Karin
07-23-2001, 06:10 PM
The maps had to be purchased. $9.95 each + tax. The 2 pins (if you're an AP) were free with the map purchase. The other pins were $10.50 + tax.

That's if you and the CM's play by the rules.

cstephens
07-23-2001, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Karin H.
The maps had to be purchased. $9.95 each + tax. The 2 pins (if you're an AP) were free with the map purchase. The other pins were $10.50 + tax.

Actually, everyone who bought a map and got all the stamps could go to one of the redemption stations and get the 46th anniversary pin for free. Only if you were an AP could you get the extra (closed to imagineer another attraction) pin for free, and you didn't even have to get all the stamps to get that pin.

Castmbrdlx
07-24-2001, 06:52 AM
Id sure like to know who gave you the map for free??? Most likely a new castmember who didn't have a clue?

Flubber
07-25-2001, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by cyberRoo
Incidentally, this is all a moot point, as they ran out of maps Sunday around 2pm.

(I, unfortunately, got there at about 3pm.)

This isn't a big deal to me but I just received my AP newsletter today, 7/25, telling me about this nifty promotion. They've run out of maps already?

Hmm.

Flub

disneymagic
07-25-2001, 01:15 PM
They arent free