PDA

View Full Version : What would your perfect day at DLR involve?

CarlieB
02-06-2003, 03:38 PM
I'm still working on mine - will post it soon:-) I would love to read what other peoples' ideal days would hold though...

Okay, here's mine:

I would be staying at the Grand Californian with my boyfriend. After a leisurely sleep-in, we would wander over to Disneyland to grab a coffee and light breakfast at the Carnation Cafe (I love the people-watching here from outside).

Then it would be over to NOS to ride Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, getting a FastPass for Indy on the way. We would have picked up a Fast Pass for Grizzly River on the way through DCA from the hotel, so we'd have that up our sleeves as well...

Then, a quick ride on Splash Mountain, and if there was time, Big Thunder (I love that ride).

Next: lunch. Probably at Rancho del Zocalo, but maybe somewhere in DCA (Taste Pilots Grill?)

Then, on to Grizzly, with plenty of time to dry off (hopefully we might have Fast Passes for Soarin', so we could go on that next)

Maybe back to the hotel for a quick break before heading to either Ralph Brennan's or Catal for dinner (and maybe some shopping in Downtown Disney - I can't keep away from Sephora...)

Then, back to Disneyland for Indy, maybe a leisurely ride on Jungle Cruise, hopefully another go on Big Thunedr and Splash Mountain, and a late night ride through the Haunted Mansion (I love it at nighttime). Somewhere amongst all this we'd find time to share a sundae on Main Street.

Finally, we'd stroll out through Main Street admiring the Park with all the lights on,a nd head back to the hotel...

Sigh...wishful thinking....

rexfarms
02-06-2003, 05:17 PM
That would be great. How many days would you be there? I love waking up way early at DGCH and watching them turn on the water for GRR.

CarlieB
02-06-2003, 05:19 PM
In an ideal world, I think I'd spend 4 or 5 days at the Resort. If the GCH is as wonderful as it looks/sounds, I'd want to spend a bit of time there, plus get in a bit of shopping at one of the malls (South Coast Plaza?) and catch a movie or 2 at DTD. Plus, a girl's gotta relax at some stage too - plenty of time by the pool...:-)

MouseWife
02-06-2003, 05:23 PM
I have only stayed at the GC once and for one night.

We had some people meet us for dinner and we enjoyed hanging out in the lobby, people watching and chatting, until we made up our minds where to eat.

I wish I'd had more time to 'hang out'.

rexfarms
02-06-2003, 06:00 PM
I know what you mean about hang out time.

Laffite
02-06-2003, 06:12 PM
If I can hang out with a cute CM after her shift, that'd be nice. It rarely happen though.