PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Trattoria at DCA

cstephens
02-06-2003, 11:42 AM
I've seen a few people mention the Trattoria at DCA, so I thought I'd get a poll to see what people think about it. I've only eaten there once, within the first month or so of it opening, and while I thought the food was ok, I didn't think it was great, and it was definitely pricey for the portions and quality, so we've not considered going back.

Would love to hear about your experiences, when you went and what you liked and disliked about the meal.

And please, I'd like to keep this discussion about the Trattoria itself, not about restaurants in general at DCA or DCA itself. Thanks.

Andrew
02-06-2003, 11:49 AM
If it's the place I'm thinking of, Jen and I had lunch with Lani and Alex there a few months ago (one of you pipe up and tell me if I've got the wrong place!).

I found it "average". Not "spectacular" and not "bad" but "average". Unfortunately it's completely slipped my mind what I had (take that as you like) so I can't give an opinion on the specific dish. I recall it being a little pricey but not outrageous--less than the Blue Bayou, for instance.

innerSpaceman
02-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Personally, I like the Tratorria. The food is fine, but -sure- not absolutely astounding. The prices are on the high side, but -um- we're at the Disneyland Resort, so that applies to just about everywhere.

The service has been great. The outdoor dining provides for great atmosphere and good people watching.

This isn't really saying much, but the Tratorria is one of my favorite dining spots at the Resort.

cstephens
02-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Personally, I like the Tratorria. The food is fine, but -sure- not absolutely astounding. The prices are on the high side, but -um- we're at the Disneyland Resort, so that applies to just about everywhere.

Well, I'd agree with you to an extent, but even for DLR prices, I thought it was pricey there. For instance, by comparison, the prices at Soap Opera Bistro :( were a bit high, but I thought for what you got, in terms of quality and quantity, it was definitely worth it. I feel the same way about Carnation Cafe, and we eat there on a regular basis. So maybe having a comparison point helps.

Oh, and I'm not a big fan of the Blue Bayou. Haven't eaten there in ages and would only go back if coerced by friends. Atmosphere is good, but food and service have always been so-so, imo. For those prices, there are other places I'd rather go.

driftwood714
02-06-2003, 12:13 PM
I had the Italian Meat Sandwich or something like that (can't reall the full proper name). But it was very large and seemingly could feed two people or be used for two meals for about 10 bux. I did enjoy that restaurant. I've only eaten there once and it was a weekday.

tabacco
02-06-2003, 01:31 PM
I had that same sandwich and it was very good and quite filling. I've also had the lasagna, with which I was less than impressed.

SzczerbiakManiac
02-06-2003, 01:57 PM
I actually liked their lasagna quite a bit, but there's something you might want to know about it (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9456).

Please disregard my references to Golden Vine--I meant the Trattoria.

Doodle Duck
02-06-2003, 06:27 PM
The Italian Meatlovers sandwich is a bargain at $10 because it IS big enough for two and SO Tasty! A Bottomless Root Beer helps!
Service is excellent. We know of at least one waitress who was a 'land vetran and came across the lot for Soap Bistro. Now is at Trattoria. She is excellent. (Thanks Jennifer!)

Don't know about dinner...but lunch is tops.

Not Afraid
02-06-2003, 06:34 PM
I LOVE the Trattoria. The food is most delicious and much different from any other place inside the Parks. For $10 I can get the most delicious Tuscan Salad or the Italian Meat (name?) sandwich on hearty focaccia - 3....THREE types of Italian ham - YUM! The rice pudding is divine (if you like that sort of thing) and they even serve San Pellegrino, my very favorite meal beverage.

It is probably one of my favorite places to eat inside the parks.

The caveat here is that I am an admitted food snob, an adventurous eater, and I don't live on meat and potatoes.

Techie7
02-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
The caveat here is that I am an admitted food snob, an adventurous eater, and I don't live on meat and potatoes. Are you trying to say something? ;)

Techie7
02-06-2003, 07:26 PM
(Double Post... Sorry)

Not Afraid
02-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Techie7
Are you trying to say something? ;)

Yes.

tabacco
02-06-2003, 07:51 PM
As a person who makes rice puddings quite often because they're a favorite desert, I wasn't especially impressed with the Trattoria's version.

And no, I am not a meat and potatoes person either.