PDA

View Full Version : Give a day, get a day...

kingqueen 3princesses
12-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Since there are a limited number of tickets available for the give a day get a day promotion, what counts as a ticket being distributed?

Is a ticket distributed once your service has been verified?

Or, is it only distributed once it's been redeemed at the ticket booth?

So, if you did your service early in the year, but didn't get to Disneyland until later, would you get a ticket once you have your confirmation e-mail or could all tickets potentially already be distributed?

AVP
12-08-2009, 01:22 PM
There are one million tickets, and as I understand it they are allocated once your service is verified.

AVP

kfreak
12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I am not saying that the give a day get a day promotion is bad. I think its a great idea to get people to actually go do something for their community. I just wonder why they have to use such a thing to get people to go do community service? I know that I do it just for my own good feeling.

sendkeys
12-17-2009, 11:10 AM
deleted

mkraemer
12-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I am not saying that the give a day get a day promotion is bad. I think its a great idea to get people to actually go do something for their community. I just wonder why they have to use such a thing to get people to go do community service? I know that I do it just for my own good feeling.

Maybe it's the idea of giving people an incentive to contribute to their community. Lots of people like the idea of helping their community but many don't go beyond liking the idea or just sending a donation. Maybe if more people got out there and helped plant trees or stock a food bank's shelves or helped build a home, they would feel the spirit and community that being with others can give. And that's a good thing!

My kids have been involved with Youth Community Service for several years now, and they have all sorts of activities in our area. I'm really proud to see them participate, and they really like it.