PDA

View Full Version : 2/5 minor observations

Doodle Duck
02-06-2003, 08:23 AM
From Dumbo last night saw the *NEW* Carousel and it is GORGEOUS!
Was running (test mode) all lights blazing. Lots of scaffolding still up. White Horses are blazing white. I couldn't get over how beautiful the restoration looked. Dazzling.

Hollered up to a construction super/ride tech at Matterhorn and the answer was still on track for the 13th. Yet a look inside sees a TON ofr open scaffolding and uncovered show area. hmmm.

If you haven't tried the 'Meat Lovers' sandwich yet at Trattoria in DCA (our new favorite in park eatery)...uh...ya better! Big Eaters note: It is huge and one can feed two so it's a GREAT lunch for $10

The Bread Pudding at Brennans is kind of a to die for thing.

The non holiday 'It's A Small World' is now worth an admission. It was terrific...so many new sights and sounds! Just beautiful...kudos to the re-hab crew and sound techs. and the new show lighting is a wonder...especially in the Jungle section.
(Fast Pass was gone...but no wait.)

Did Mr. Toad get cleaned? Sure looked good! I must have been in a Disney Magic mode as I don't remember it being down for a re-paint.

Haunted Mansion closed at 4pm? How come?

Lady Bug Boogie Tip: Load all to one side of the car for a great SPIN. Lori loves this ride!

The overall feeling is DL is back on track. Hardly any lightbulbs out on MS!

:-)

02-06-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by DoodleDuck(A.E)
From Dumbo last night saw the *NEW* Carousel and it is GORGEOUS!

<snip!>

If you haven't tried the 'Meat Lovers' sandwich uh...ya better!

The Bread Pudding at Brennans is kind of a to die for thing.

The non holiday 'It's A Small World' is now worth an admission.

<snip!>

Did Mr. Toad get cleaned? Sure looked good!

<snip!>

The overall feeling is DL is back on track. Hardly any lightbulbs out on MS!

:-)

Well, get yourself a new title, mister! I hereby dub you Sir Optimist.

Seriously, this is all great news. Is there ....just maybe ... hope for the subs?

RStar
02-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 3894
Is there ....just maybe ... hope for the subs?

Isn't that the new meat lover's sandwich mentioned above?;)

Doodle Duck
02-06-2003, 10:46 AM
I forgot to mention the best news for CANDY LOVERS!
If you were lucky enough to have sprung for a $10 mini-Pooh Lunch Box and got bowled over by those DE-licious Pooh Honey Pots (Ethel M Chocolate and creamy caramel centers) and didn't want to buy another lunch box just to get more...they now come in Foil BAGS (ie: re-fills!) at 24 for just $4.98! Main Street Candy Shop (not Frontierland yet).

MMmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Hooked!

DLfreak
02-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by DoodleDuck(A.E)
Haunted Mansion closed at 4pm? How come?

There was some sort of special event going on for some of the higher up executives. :rolleyes: Needless to say I was very bitter when I walked into DL at 4:45, excited to ride HM for the first time since it's re-opened, only to see the sign that said it closed at 4. :crying:
I guess I'll have to wait until next Wednesday. :)