PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Food?

miss bianca
12-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Sorry I can't seem to find any posts on what and where the Holiday treats are this year. I know gingerbread men at the bakery but I was looking for the Eggnog and the Yole log.

Thanks

Cnjp
12-07-2009, 09:33 AM
There is definitely Eggnog at the Blue Ribbon Bakery. :)

CindyR
12-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Sorry I can't seem to find any posts on what and where the Holiday treats are this year. I know gingerbread men at the bakery but I was looking for the Eggnog and the Yole log.

Thanks

You can get the yule log at the Plaza Inn.

mechurchlady
12-12-2009, 06:36 PM
pepermint ice cream at the shop on Center Street next to the lost and found
pumpkin fudge

shawnman
12-13-2009, 06:15 PM
i watched the food network special with guy. they showed a crepe with stuffing and turkey tucked in and on and under it....yumm. that is going to be at the french market i think......and the yule log looked so good. at gibson girls the peppermint ice cream looked great in the dipped cones with red and green sprinkles. i am going up the first week in january and i hope they are still serving some type of holiday food. i would love to try the crepe.

cstephens
12-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Here's the gingerbread man cookie that you can get from the candy shop on Main street. It's also available at Marceline's in Downtown Disney.

The Main Street bakery has a man cookie as well, but that's made of shortbread.

Candy cane fudge and pumpkin fudge are available. I've heard that in previous years, they've had eggnog fudge, but that doesn't seem to be around, at least not yet.

The Main Street bakery has a number of holiday-inspired drinks, including pumpkin spice latte, eggnog, eggnog latte and peppermint mocha.

cstephens
12-13-2009, 09:35 PM
I also saw these cute tree apples at Marceline's. I'm not sure what the actual ingredients are to make the decorations (I didn't look that closely), and I didn't see them at the candy shop on Main Street.

Mrs Mouse
12-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Here's the gingerbread man cookie that you can get from the candy shop on Main street. It's also available at Marceline's in Downtown Disney.

Based on my prior experience, those gingerbread Mickey cookies are phenomenal! When we were at DL last November I actually bought a dozen, ziplock-bagged them, and brought them home with me. :eyeroll:

I also bought the Mickey gingerbread cookie-cutter and now I make them at home, though it's not quite the same as enjoying one in the park.

CindyR
12-21-2009, 09:15 PM
I finally tried the Yule Log on Friday. It was so good! My roommate was with me and he isn't much of a chocolate or cake eater, but he would not stop picking at my plate! Hahaha. I was shocked.

amelialourdes
12-21-2009, 09:47 PM
There are little gingerbread men at the bakery on Main Street next to Blue Ribbon. I saw the shortbread was in one glass case and the gingerbread men were in the next glass case.

... and now I want some.

janell
12-22-2009, 07:41 AM
pepermint ice cream at the shop on Center Street next to the lost and found
pumpkin fudge

Do you know if they can make a milk shake out of the peppermint ice cream? I ask because ever since I was at Disney Soda Shop and had a peppermint milk shake I have wanted another one. :)

stan4d_steph
12-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Rancho del Zocalo has chicken tamales. They're worth a try. Hopefully you'll catch them on a good day.

Sansarc
12-25-2009, 10:49 AM
We saw Christmas-y rice krispie treats shaped like Mickey Mouse and dipped in white chocolate (with red/green sprinkles, I think) in the candy shop on Main Street. I wish I'd found the peppermint mocha! Is it available in the coffee shop place on Main Street, at the corner? The line is always so long there. In November I had a mocha latte from the coffee vendor near the hub. I didn't notice any holiday coffee drinks there, though. But maybe I wasn't paying attention . . .

stan4d_steph
12-25-2009, 06:29 PM
The peppermint mocha at Haagen Dazs in DTD is made with Peet's coffee and is yummy. I had one on my recent trip.