PDA

View Full Version : "Preferred Seating" - which attraction to choose?

EOR
02-06-2003, 06:41 AM
With my Disney Travel Company package came a voucher for preferred seating at one attraction, choose from the following: Aladdin at Hyperion Theater, Muppet Vision 3D, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, or It's Tough to be a Bug. I'm pretty sure I don't want to use it for Millionaire - does anyone have a recommendation about which other one to choose?

You've all been so helpful with my previous questions - thank you! Our trip's in 10 days! :D

MouseWife
02-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Well, I have seen 'It's Tough to be a Bug' and Millionaire.

Just going by the size of the crowds, you could probably get great seating to everything. But, you would want guaranteed best seating at Aladdin, from what I hear.

Have fun!

mad4mky
02-06-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Well, I have seen 'It's Tough to be a Bug' and Millionaire.

I agree...
While Bug and Millionaire are fun...
You can see this anytime without a special seat.:)

hefferdude
02-06-2003, 09:15 AM
While Bug and Millionaire are fun...

Agreed. Also, and without spoiling it, best viewing of "flying" effects would be front seating Mezzanine.;)

RStar
02-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by hefferdude
Agreed. Also, and without spoiling it, best viewing of "flying" effects would be front seating Mezzanine.;)

Which is what the Prefered seating is (at least for APs, and I would assume all prefered seats), first two rows of the Mezzanine.

I belive the Prefered seats for Millionaire are the "Ring of Fire" seats. They are great seats and enhance the experiece. If you want to try to get them another way, however, all you have to do is be sure to get a fast pass, get there a little early so you stand near the door, and be prepared to answer trivia questions. Also carry as many coins with different dates. We won ring o' fire for three out of our group of 5 one day with a two dollar bill, some dental floss, and knowing that the oldest thing in Disneyland is the petrified tree. We didn't have a 1969 penny however:mad: , I had a 1970.

Other items they have asked for were a paper clip, rubber band, band-aid, tooth brush, but coins with certain dates seem to come up alot. However, it depends so much on the CM. I've seen them use the Disney trivia game cards for all the seats (easy answers, they just need to see you to pick you, so stand close to them).

cstephens
02-06-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by EOR
With my Disney Travel Company package came a voucher for preferred seating at one attraction, choose from the following: Aladdin at Hyperion Theater, Muppet Vision 3D, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, or It's Tough to be a Bug. I'm pretty sure I don't want to use it for Millionaire - does anyone have a recommendation about which other one to choose?

Putting aside which of those attractions you might enjoy more, I think you'll get more use out of the benefit in either Aladdin or Millionaire. As others have already said, getting a good seat at MuppetVision or Tough to be a Bug shouldn't be a problem, and you'd get better value out of your voucher by using it on Aladdin or Millionaire, where good seats might be harder to obtain normally.

Have fun!