PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Cove, What's That!?

MonorailMan
02-05-2003, 07:04 PM
If anyone saw, the last time I was at DCA, the last sign on the wall down the pier still said "Avalon Cove". :)

zapppop
02-05-2003, 07:41 PM
I also noticed this little error.
There's still a sign in Disneyland near the south end of the Matterhorn
which reads " Ariel's Grotto ".

Maybe they should've left the name alone :D

Ace
02-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by zapppop

Maybe they should've left the name alone :D

I guess they're betting that no one actually goes to DCA to read the sign and compare the two.

Darkbeer
02-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Actually, I think the last sign is still there due to the Cove Bar, oops, they changed the name, the Cove Deck!

Ariel's Grotto is the restuarant downstairs, the bar (which is open during the off-season only on weekends) is the upstairs area.... I think they left the last sign to be associated with the deck!

zapppop
02-05-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Actually, I think the last sign is still there due to the Cove Bar, oops, they changed the name, the Cove Deck!

Ariel's Grotto is the restuarant downstairs, the bar (which is open during the off-season only on weekends) is the upstairs area.... I think they left the last sign to be associated with the deck!
Funny thing; yesterday night, I found a CM reference guide
( I guess some poor CM must of dropped it ) and inside it,
it refered to the deck area as
the " Avalon Cove Bar " but the restaurant as "Ariel's Grotto".

confusing.

ChipmunkStar
02-06-2003, 09:54 AM
I don't think they'd change the name of the Cove Bar to something like "Ariel's Bar." I mean, I really don't think Disney wants that little tie in for a Disney Pincess.

I can see it now, you walk to one side of the place, and see "Ariel's Grotto" with a cute little signof Ariel smiling at the guests. You walk to the other side and are greeted wth a mural of an obviously sloshed Ariel, Flounder and Sebastian.

On the other hand, that'd be hilarious!!!

zapppop
02-06-2003, 10:55 AM
It could feature Ursula mixing potions :D:eek:

Darkbeer
02-10-2003, 02:03 AM
I have a photo of the sign, in my DCA /ToT photo update, the link is in my signature.

Wizard69
02-11-2003, 09:54 AM

Maybe they should've left the name alone

Ariel's Grotto at Disneyland is where you meet Ariel.

Techie7
02-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Wizard69
Ariel's Grotto at Disneyland is where you meet Ariel.
Actually Ariel's Grotto in Disneyland is now known as King Triton's Garden. The name was changed to avoid confusion with the "new" Ariel's Grotto dining location in DCA.... The plan to avoid confusion as you can tell has not worked as well as planned.