PDA

View Full Version : Lilo & Stitch breakfast is changing to Mickey & Friends

Pages : [1] 2

wwomant
12-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Not sure if this has been already brought up on MP, but I just called Disney Dining about booking a character breakfast and was told that as of December 11 there will be no more Lilo & Stitch breakfast, it will be permanently switching to a Mickey & Friends breakfast. The CM I spoke with told me that the menu would remain the same, and Mickey and a few other friends would there.

Looks like the character breakfast at Paradise Pier may get a little more popular. I know that's the next one we'll be trying out now! :)

cstephens
12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
They sent something out on Twitter last week about this. Here's what it said:

Beginning Dec. 11, the character breakfast at Disney's PCH Grill will change to “Surf’s Up! Breakfast with Mickey & Friends.” New breakfast buffet will include flatbreads from a wood burning oven & signature chilaquiles with shredded beef, salsa verde & queso fresco

MammaSilva
12-02-2009, 11:09 AM
That actually makes me a lot sad, it was the one really unique character meal with Lilo & stitch and was the only location to find Daisy on a regular basis :(

mommy-san
12-02-2009, 02:55 PM
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO! Please, if anyone goes there, please post the characters you see there. We love Stitch, and already ordered a custom Stitch dress for my daughter. And maybe let me know if they still have the pineapple scones...???? I've been dreaming about them.

Hannahbelle
12-02-2009, 04:21 PM
pineapple scones...???? I've been dreaming about them.

Oh yes those are very yummy!

Wow, I'm glad we got the chance to go on Halloween just recently before they change over, but Im okay with Mickey. He isn't at any other character breakfast so it's a good thing in my opinion.
I do love Stitch though! Maybe he will still be a "friend". He scared me the last time we were there! He snuck up on our table and when I turned my head he was RIGHT there! I kinda screamed! It was pretty funny.;)

MammaSilva
12-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Well I hope he shows up as a friend but my 'money' says it'll be more fab 5 minus Minnie because she's over in the park at her own breakfast (we'll skip the fact she showed up when it was Lilo & Stitch) and then whatever B level characters they rotate thru. Just having Mickey on the title will book it pretty consistantly. I did like the food there a lot so we'll try it under the new name but I will totally miss the one location we could find lilo & stitch.

Malcon10t
12-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Well I hope he shows up as a friend but my 'money' says it'll be more fab 5 minus Minnie because she's over in the park at her own breakfast (we'll skip the fact she showed up when it was Lilo & Stitch)Fab Five, minus Goofy too, as he should be at Goofy's Kitchen.

MammaSilva
12-02-2009, 05:51 PM
So we're looking at Mickey, Pluto who seems to show up everywhere and Donald. Maybe they'll have Daisy there too...I'd be happy for an opportunity for photos with Donald and/or Daisy.

BlkPearlCptn
12-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh no! I'm a HUGE Lilo and Stitch fan and hadn't managed to make it over for the breakfast. I was hoping to this Spring.

houseofmouse
12-02-2009, 06:44 PM
It was a fun breakfast!! Very interactive, we danced, we did the hula, we did a parade and the food was good. You could also order off a menu. I wonder how interactive it will be now?? Probably no more menu either, which is a bummer because I just don't ever eat enough to justify a buffet nor does my 10 yr old.

mommy-san
12-03-2009, 07:43 AM
You are so right about it being interactive... one time we were doing the hula with Lilo and I turned around to see stitch sitting alone at our table with my 2 year old daughter, feeding her pancakes. Priceless. And last time, when my FIL got up to to go to the buffet, Stitch snuck in and sat at his chair and put on my FIL's tilly hat. And Lilo would always write cute notes on my kids place mats... like "Stitch stinks". Oh man, that was my birthday breakfast 4 years in a row... what am i gonna do now?

wwomant
12-03-2009, 07:49 AM
We actually have stayed away from that breakfast because we're not big Lilo & Stitch fans. But, in spite of that, I had been looking to try it next because you can order off the menu there. Not only can it be much cheaper, but I find it much easier to have my kids food brought to me than to have to go get them both plates in addition to mine. I feel like I never get to sit down at buffets. I really hope that with these changes they don't stop allowing guests to order off of the menu.

janell
12-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Im sorry to see that Lilo and Stitch wont be at PPH. We have never gone, due to just the expenses of character breakfasts and we have no kids. Im sad to see them leave because it was nice to have someone other then the fab five at a breakfast. Storytellers last time i check had some bears(I forget their names) and chip and dale.

mommyof4
12-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I am sad to see it go. We have only been to disneyland once and that was in April and we went to Lilo and Stitch and had a blast. WE all had a awsome time here and i was so glad that i decided to make a reservation here. I will definatly be sad that it is gone but am sure glad that i got to experience the fun one time.

wabby1
12-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm sad to hear about this because the breakfast with Lilo and Stitch has sentimental value to me, having been the first character breakfast I recall having at the resort. However, I'm sure the new "Mickey & Friends" will be awesome....as Disney never lacks for quality.

emmajean
12-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm so glad I took my boys to see Lilo & Stitch during our October trip. It wasn't very busy at all, so I can see why it was changed. It was our favorite breakfast of the trip.

They should give people more notice of the upcoming change so all the people who want to go "for old times sake" can book. Ahhh...so it goes...

Should be a good way to see Mickey.

Gilesmt
12-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Well we are arriving on Dec 10, late at night so our first day will be the change. I loved Lilo and Stitch but my teenagers did not. This is the first time in PPH for our stay, the $59 a night we saved added up and although we liked DLH it is nice to have a change, so I convinced the kids that L&S for my birthday breakfast is what I wanted. We did not make ressies because it has never been full, whenever we have looked into it in the past. So I will write a review when we come back. I hope they menu is still the same, I myself stopped going to buffets, the kids still do it, but I just think the food is so so and I never eat enough for the price, and although I do get the characters, I am getting a little old for them every trip, maybe just every third trip would be good, so that is what we aim for now.

wwomant
12-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Gilesmt- We're going arriving on December 27 to DLR and I'd love to hear about your experience there. I'll be interested to hear if you can still order off of the menu, and what the menu prices are like.

wwomant
12-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Good news for those of you sad to see Stitch going, I just saw this youtube video taken at the new breakfast yesterday and Stitch was giving surfing lessons. There were shots of Minnie and Daisy too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYs0BuxLTdg

mommy-san
12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Glory hallelujah, my birthday breakfast is saved... gonna make ps time right away! I love stitch!

AVP
12-14-2009, 06:11 PM
The full menu was posted in today's Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9090/Disneyland_Resort_Update), along with confirmation of the character lineup.

AVP

BlkPearlCptn
12-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Put me down as another Stitch fan! YAY!!!!

Toocherie
12-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Sigh. No more ordering off the menu? NO more teriyaki salmon and rice? Pooh.

Does anyone know the current buffet price?

mechurchlady
12-16-2009, 05:25 AM
I will be going back next year. The chicken with Meyer Lemon sounds good.

fairestoneofall
12-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Sad that they are getting rid of the a la carte menu. Their eggs benedict was very good, and I SO dislike buffets. I guess it's all about the character interaction anyhow, not so much the food.