PDA

View Full Version : Coupon question - Ariel's Grotto restaurant

EOR
02-05-2003, 12:30 PM
In Birnbaum's official guide to Disneyland, there is a coupon in the back for Avalon Cove restaurant (to have dinner at the lunch price). Does anyone know if this coupon or other Avalon Cove coupons are being honored at Ariel's Grotto? Thank you!

BELLEH5
02-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Sorry I never heard of Ariels Grotto Resturant? I know there's an Ariel grotto in Disneyland where u meet Ariel and take pix.

adriennek
02-05-2003, 01:36 PM
EOR is referring to the restaurant that is currently where Avalon Cove was in DCA.

Sorry, I don't know the answer, though.

Adrienne K

zapppop
02-05-2003, 02:07 PM
I think they would still honor it regardless of whatever they're calling the restaurant now.

julia
02-05-2003, 02:43 PM
Hi!

I would take the coupon along with me, tuck it into a pocket and ask at the restaurant or at Guest Relations. You could also call Guest Relations before you leave. I think that there is some sort of a business agreement with Birnbaums and Disneyland because it is the "official" guide - but I always try to lean to the conservative side to avoid disappointment, but I always hold to hope!

Have a great day!

RStar
02-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Avalon Cove and Ariels Grotto are the same building, but two differents buisnesses, so I would think they wouldn't. But never hurts to ask.

cstephens
02-06-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by RStar
Avalon Cove and Ariels Grotto are the same building, but two differents buisnesses.

Ummm, not true. Avalon Cove is the former name of the restaurant that is currently Ariel's Grotto. The upper part of the building, Avalon Cove Bar or Avalon Cove Deck or whatever they're calling it now, is different.

RStar
02-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
Ummm, not true. Avalon Cove is the former name of the restaurant that is currently Ariel's Grotto. The upper part of the building, Avalon Cove Bar or Avalon Cove Deck or whatever they're calling it now, is different.

So there is two different parts to the resturant? I didn't know that.

But you also confermed what I said. Avalon Cove resturant was the former name for Areil's Grotto resturant. Avalon Cove was run by Wolfgang Puck, and now is run by Disney. This makes it run by two different companies, and in the same building, just as I said. The upstairs section was never brought into the question. EOR asked about a coupon for the resturant, not the bar upstairs.