PDA

View Full Version : Buffet at Storyteller's Cafe?

EOR
02-05-2003, 12:28 PM
I've heard there is a dinner buffet at Storyteller's Cafe - does anyone know which days and times it is offered, and what the cost is for adults & kids? Thanks!

julia
02-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi!

The buffet at the Storyteller's Cafe is a breakfast buffet with the Character Breakfast (Chip n' Dale's breakfast) - it is a great buffet with everything anyone could ever want for breakfast. It is a real feast with lots of fresh fruit, eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, Mickey waffles and so on. Lunch and dinner are off the menu only - service was great when I had dinner there; the waiter was very friendly and nice and knew a lot about the details of the menu. It was a peaceful place to eat a quiet meal out of the hustle of Disneyland.

The price for dinner runs from about $11-$40 per person - everything from nice gourmet sandwiches to a fairly gourmet meal. One of the great things for kids is "build-your-own pizza" and it was virtually another attraction for the kids because the waiter turned it into a real event for them. Everyone was having a great time!

Have a great day!
Julia Elzie
juliae@cruisingco.com

tjrj
02-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Yep, when we were there a year ago(:crying: ) it was a breakfast buffet. Food was definitely a step above the in-the-park character breakfast. And also I think a step above Goofy's Kitchen buffet. And the make your on pizzas were a huge hit with our youngest for dinner. Food was excellent-but pricey-but then this is Disney after all;)

SzczerbiakManiac
02-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Unless they have changed their practices in the last couple months, Storytellers does indeed offer dinner buffets on occasion. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out what cosmic event(s) need to occur to trigger this option. Sometimes when I go there for dinner it's sit-down only, other times they offer both sit-down or buffet options. :confused:

IIRC, the adult buffet price is $24.99. I have no clue what kids prices are, sorry.

lisap
02-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Some of had the dinner buffet in December. Speaking for myself I thought it was very good as far as buffets go--yummy prime rib, pastas and mac and cheese come to mind. OH! And a wonderful bread pudding with vanilla custard sauce. Perhaps they only do the buffet on weekends? Or when they are expecting high attendance at the parks? Don't know.

Matterhorn Fan
02-05-2003, 05:31 PM
You can also order off the menu at breakfast, which can make Storyteller's the cheapest character meal ever. Of course they'd like you to have the buffet, but you can order waffles or french toast or just a bagel with cream cheese. It's a great option for people who want a character meal but aren't a big fan of huge breakfasts or who can't do justice to a buffet or can't afford the price of a buffet meal for a whole family.

cstephens
02-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
You can also order off the menu at breakfast, which can make Storyteller's the cheapest character meal ever. Of course they'd like you to have the buffet, but you can order waffles or french toast or just a bagel with cream cheese. It's a great option for people who want a character meal but aren't a big fan of huge breakfasts or who can't do justice to a buffet or can't afford the price of a buffet meal for a whole family.

True, but keep in mind that it's not a character meal like the character meals that most people are used to. It's much, much more subdued there. I've got a review of the breakfast at this link (http://www.colddeadfish.net/storyteller121402.html) which also includes a link to the breakfast menu.

EOR - I remember looking at the dinner buffet offerings one of the times I was there and thinking it didn't fit my tastes to be worth it to me. I just called the Disney dining number (714-781-3463) and was told that it's only offered on Saturdays and Sundays when it's busy, so there's no way to find out ahead of time. The operator said they would only know that day. Dinner is served starting at 5pm, and the cost of the buffet would be $24.95 for adults and $9.95 for kids 3-11. Hope that helps!

Matterhorn Fan
02-06-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
True, but keep in mind that it's not a character meal like the character meals that most people are used to. It's much, much more subdued there. That is true--Pluto, Chip & Dale only. "More subdued" could be a very good thing, depending on your point of view. ;)

KarenW2
02-06-2003, 03:54 PM
We really appreciate the fact that the breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe is "more subdued" than the other character breakfasts! We prefer NO characters at our meals, especially the first meal of the day, but since we really enjoy eating at Storyteller's, we make the best of it.

My favorite breakfast menu item is their Banana Stuffed French Toast. It's very yummy, filling and a great way to start off a morning in the park.