PDA

View Full Version : Happiest Place On Earth!

Duane
02-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Just wanted to see if there are any others out there who find Disneyland the great escape from reality? I can afford to vacation about anywhere I desire but I always choose Disney. I am a grown adult who still feels the "magic" every single time I walk through the tunnels into the Magic Kingdom. Although I am disappointed with the current condition of Tomorrowland and absolutely heartbroken with California Adventure, I keep going back to visit several times a year. Do I have some sort of disorder? Is there a cure? Help!!!!

Kimi_Coconuts
02-05-2003, 11:23 AM
LOL, there's no cure, except to go again that I know of!

I am infected with Disney magic also, so much so that it's the only place our family goes also.

tabacco
02-05-2003, 11:24 AM
I think you're among friends here :D

Christiii
02-05-2003, 11:40 AM
I totally feel the same way!!! My friends think Im nuts, but I just love the place..I get chills every time I go!! I bought a brick in the walk, I have spent the last two Christmases there, and Im going again in a month or so...it really, truly is the Happiest Place on Earth for me!!!

YellowMan
02-05-2003, 11:43 AM
I can't understand why I don't get sick of the place. I once had a season pass to Six Flags Magic Mountain, and after going every other weekend for a year I now can't stand the place. But after years of visiting Disneyland about every other weekend I still get home and check all the fan websites to see what's going on. It's crazy that I'm addicted to Disney!

Morrigoon
02-05-2003, 01:10 PM
LOL, welcome to the vortex!

crowd: "Hi Duane!"

IndianaJenn
02-05-2003, 03:19 PM
:D

I am there every month as well. As soon as I am through the turnstile I get a big smile on my face that lasts the whole time I am in the park.

I definitely think Disneyland has some addicting qualities!!!

Disneyphile
02-05-2003, 05:40 PM
You're not alone!

I try to go every other weekend, or else I go through withdrawls. (Like I'm currently doing, since I'm recovering from major surgery from a couple weeks ago.)

I always refer to Disneyland as my personal sanctuary, but my friends are now at an understanding with me - I explained it as some folks needing their coffee every morning, and I need my Disneyland twice a month.;)

You are among like minds here.;)

-Teresa

Ace
02-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Duane
Just wanted to see if there are any others out there who find Disneyland the great escape from reality? I can afford to vacation about anywhere I desire but I always choose Disney. I am a grown adult who still feels the "magic" every single time I walk through the tunnels into the Magic Kingdom. Although I am disappointed with the current condition of Tomorrowland and absolutely heartbroken with California Adventure, I keep going back to visit several times a year. Do I have some sort of disorder? Is there a cure? Help!!!!

Disneyitis.
Uncurable, though treatable. I have the same thing. When I get my Driver's License (6 months, almost exactly) I plan to go every Sunday, or more.

Everyone else: "You'll get bored."

They know nothing, though.

Lashbear
02-05-2003, 06:08 PM
It's sad, though...

I myself have a case of Disney-itis, however the movies do not help, only the Magic Kingdoms, and Happiest Places on earth seem to alleive the itching....

As I may not be back to the USA for a long while, I hope they will see clear to put one in here in Australia.

Until they do..... Help me, Obi-Mousepad-nobi, you're my only hope !!!

Seriously, even visiting Disneyland vicariously through reading Mousepad has become a pleasure for me !!

Morrigoon
02-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Dude, how close are you to Tokyo??? Go see DisneySea!