PDA

View Full Version : New Disneyland.com

mousketeer
02-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Come visit the new and "improved" disneyland.com.

In a nutshell, the new website is confusing and has a few kinks to work out. I was surprised to see Le Petite Patisserie still listed (I thought it closed in 1999).

Another surprise comes on the Tom Sawyer Island page. It appears that the teetering rock and suspension bridge are listed as attractions: leading me to believe the will be included in the refit :)

Ghoulish Delight
02-04-2003, 11:14 PM
+ Park hours on front page.

- Everything else.

The "interactive" park maps are terrible, you have to have laser precission to highlite an attraction. Locations of info are not particularly intuitive. Refurbs are no longer listed at all (okay, that's a mixed bag considering their record, it least it presented people with a general idea of what to expect). What was so wrong with the old format? :confused:

cemeinke
02-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Well, I just tried to sign on and it crashed my browser - maybe tomorrow:rolleyes:

Darkbeer
02-05-2003, 12:34 AM
I have been playing over at the new site...

It is media heavy, and looks like it is designed for cable/DSL users, and for newer computers. And while the movie clips and sounds are fun, if I was on a 56K, it wouldn't be that much fun waiting for the stuff to download!

Attractions missing from the new site

Tom Sawyer's Island

Superstar Limo

Attraction and store still listed (even though they have both been closed)

Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade

Briar Patch

But my biggest complaint, that the AP discount chart and blackout date calender is in a restrictive area only for current AP holders.

This doesn't help someone who is trying to decide which AP to buy. It would be nice to see the different blackout dates, and the detailed chart that shows which discounts each of the three different AP's get.

Matterhorn Fan
02-05-2003, 03:52 AM
The refurbs are listed there, but you have to click on another "folder tab" sortof thing to see them.

I'm still in the stone age (using a dialup modem on a 3 1/2 year-old bottom-of-the-line computer) here. The site didn't take too long to load, but it's only quarter to 8 in the morning. My service gets slower later in the day. I wouldn't even try to access this site in the afternoon or evening.

And about those maps . . . I couldn't even see them. Maybe I need an updated version of Flash, but given what I suspect that'll do to my poor computer, I think I'll pass.

So, from my end, it's not any better than it used to be. I still won't be using that site, because it's still too slow to load to make it worth my while. It's a good thing I don't often have a reason to visit that site.

mousey_girl
02-05-2003, 05:40 AM
The new site was the only thing they ever surveyed me for. I was asked to sign up for the Disney survey thingy. I guess they didn't like my responses because I was never sent another survey and I hated the "new look". I told them it was too busy and hard to navigate.

There is a rehab list, you just need to look deeper into the site to find it.

justagrrl
02-05-2003, 06:29 AM
Go and look at the video for the monorail... The people are waiting in front of the gates and just walking up as the monorail pulls up. Now where's the safety there? It even shows some of them sitting on a bench in front of the green fence.

mousketeer
02-05-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
I have been playing over at the new site...

It is media heavy, and looks like it is designed for cable/DSL users, and for newer computers. And while the movie clips and sounds are fun, if I was on a 56K, it wouldn't be that much fun waiting for the stuff to download!

Attractions missing from the new site

Tom Sawyer's Island

Superstar Limo

Attraction and store still listed (even though they have both been closed)

Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade

Briar Patch

But my biggest complaint, that the AP discount chart and blackout date calender is in a restrictive area only for current AP holders.

This doesn't help someone who is trying to decide which AP to buy. It would be nice to see the different blackout dates, and the detailed chart that shows which discounts each of the three different AP's get.

Look closely, they are all there except Superstar Limo.

BELLEH5
02-05-2003, 01:20 PM
I agree its too confusing!!! Why did they change it?

Wizard69
02-05-2003, 03:17 PM
I like the new site. I think it is layed out pretty well.. It does list the blackout dates for the Deluxe Annual but not in the nice calendar format if you click on "More Info"

The “2 Park” Deluxe Annual Passport includes these benefits:
• 10% dining discount at select Disneyland® Resort restaurants ($10 minimum purchase; restrictions apply)
• Special rates at the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort (subject to availability; restrictions apply)
• Exclusive benefits at select Downtown Disney® District locations
• An annual parking pass for the Mickey & Friends parking structure is available for an additional $40. (subject to availability; restrictions apply)

Blockout dates include: Saturdays, March through August; plus certain holiday periods including but not limited to the week of Christmas Day through New Year's Day.

You can always just create a new account and then get into the AP website and check the blackout info.

hbquikcomjamesl
02-06-2003, 04:32 PM
The bugs seem to have been ironed out. I had no trouble at all highlighting attractions, using Netscape 4.7 (Win-Doze) at work. Haven't tried it at home, yet. Then again, even the old DL and WDW sites are a royal pain in the --er-- Eeyore at 14.4 kBaud.

cemeinke
02-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Well tonight I can get on it, and after clicking about, I have to say I like it. Seems a bit more fun and there's more info on each page. I like the fact that I can get today's schedule on the first page. The Maps are a bit tricky to navagate, but I like having the multi-media features for some of the attractions. So okay for this DSL user.

experiment626
02-06-2003, 07:44 PM
I want the old site back!! This new site is pretty useless for me, it takes way to long for things to load. They should really think about offering a lite version for those who are dial up.

Another thing I noticed, when I tried to email them to complain about the site, is they do not list an email in thier contact list anymore??

WizKidRyan
02-06-2003, 09:34 PM
*/RANT/*
On the space mountain page it says:
"Heightened by the enveloping sci-fi soundtrack"
Call me crazy but the last time I rode space......

cemeinke
02-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Ok, took a more in depth look - I wish they wouldn't use footage from Florida's Fantasmic, but they use it in the promo video so what do you expect.

I wish it were a bit easier to "virtually" browse the park - it's okay once you select an attraction/shop/show/place to dine to check out that "Land" but no easy way to skipover to the next land and see what's going on over there.

Oh, and what happend to Cosmic Waves or the American Space experience? They appear to be missing - or I'm not browsing correctly to find them.

Darkbeer
02-06-2003, 10:29 PM
How about this, from the Tom Sawyer's Island page....

Hop on a raft, cross the Rivers of America and land on this island that is a natural obstacle course filled with dirt trails, secret hide-outs, challenging bridges and Fort Wilderness. There's enough fun to keep Tom Sawyer himself happy all day.
Play on Teetering Rock
Cross the precarious Suspension Bridge
Explore the dreaded Injun Joe's Cave
There's so much to do, you could be longer than you plan!

Suspension Bridge, Teetering Rock:confused: