PDA

View Full Version : Question about ride closings

mom2alexnmatt
02-04-2003, 08:54 AM
I was just looking on the disney club website, and it had the ride closings listed for disneyland resort while we are there. It said that the tea party, the castle and the pirates of the carribean will be closed at disney land, and at the CA park the superstar limos will be closed. I was really disappointed to hear that those rides will be closed. (I heard the limos is no good anway, so I don't really care about that one). But are these rides definitaly going to be closed then, or will it possibly change? And it says the castle will be closed, does that mean we can't go in it? My 3 year old will be so disappointed. I was really looking forward to taking him on all of those rides:( .

Gemini Cricket
02-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by mom2alexnmatt
But are these rides definitaly going to be closed then, or will it possibly change? And it says the castle will be closed, does that mean we can't go in it?
I think they stick to the schedule as far as refurbs go. Sometimes they will open a ride earlier than expected...

The castle has pretty much been closed to guests wanting to walk through and view the dioramas since 9/11.

So, it seems you both are going to miss out on Pirates and The Mad Tea Party, but there's always tons to do there. I've visited the park and even though some major rides were down, I still had a great time. I think your three year old will love Toon Town and all the other Fantasyland rides. :)

There are tons of fun things to do. :)

In fact, here's MousePlanet's take on all you can do @ DL. Click here. (http://www.mouseplanet.com/al/docs/dont.htm)

RStar
02-04-2003, 12:07 PM
Keep in mind you will still be able to cross the draw bridge and into the center of Fantasyland. It is only the Sleeping Beauty Diarama walk-through atraction that will be closed (most people didn't even know it excisted).

So if only the Mad Tea party (Tea cup ride) is closed while you are there, then you are fortunate. There are so many closed right now. I can think of at least 6 at DL off the top of my head that are closed right now.

refurbmike
02-04-2003, 01:18 PM
RStar: actually it's more in the neighborhood of 10:

Sleeping Beauty Castle
King Arthur's Carrousel
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Fantasmic!
Rivers of America
Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
Tom Sawyer Island
Mark Twain Riverboat
Sailing Ship Columbia
"it's a small world"
Disney Gallery

Gemini Cricket
02-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RStar
Keep in mind you will still be able to cross the draw bridge and into the center of Fantasyland. It is only the Sleeping Beauty Diarama walk-through atraction that will be closed (most people didn't even know it excisted).

Yeah, what RStar said. (That's what I meant anyway... :))

julia
02-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Hello!

I always like to check the official word from Disney on refurbishments. I like to check at http://www.disneyland.com under Parks and Hours - things change on short notice and I think that the official word is ultimately the most reliable. You can also ask at Guest Relations when you get to Disneyland, too.

Have a great day!
Julia

refurbmike
02-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Hey Julia,

Unfortunately, the "official" word is not always the most up-to-date or reliable word. There have been many times when the official site has been wrong. That's actually one of the reasons I made my site - to keep track and updated on the refurbs.

However, you do have a point about Guest Relations - they are usually the most up-to-date. However, a lot of people like to go to the park when their favorite attractions re-open (how long were the line for HMH2k2 on opening hour? Huge), so they need to plan in advance.

Alex S.
02-04-2003, 02:22 PM
And just to clarify, the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough has been closed since exactly halfway through the October 2001 MouseAdventure (yes, it closed halfway through the day).

The only MouseAdventure that has required you to go into that area.

Darkbeer
02-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Julia, there are a couple of problems with your comment, and that is that Disney.com is not reliable in regards to when it works, in fact, it was down again this last sunday. Many times it has not shown current rehabs, and has given other faulty information.

Also, Disney recently has changed its policy regarding the information it releases. Right now, they only have the schedule thru March 31st. This does not help someone who is looking to plan long term. Heck, they don't even have information regarding Easter.

Now, it is true that Disney does adjust its schedule frequently, but if I am planning a trip, I would like to know what Disney was thinking about closing.

Here at MousePlanet, they are now offering weekly updates every Monday, which includes both current, and future rehabs.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/index.htm

Now, there was one change since the list came out on Monday, and that is that Disney decided they didn't want to have the Tea cups closed during Spring break, so they have rescheduled that rehab for April 28th thru May 16th. So, if you went to Disney.com, you would see that the Mad Tea Party is no longer listed under refurbs for March, but you would have no idea when it was rescheduled.

But if you went to Disney.com on sunday, it would have only listed two attractions, King Arthur's Carrousel and the Matterhorn, all other rehabs were "missing in action", which happens at Disney.com way too often!

RideMax Mark
02-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Ugh... Don't get me started on this one!

I too really wish Disney would keep things more up to date, mainly because we try to present our RideMax users with only those attractions that will actually be *open* on the date(s) of their visit. This prevents someone wasting time scheduling something that will be down.

It's really a challenge, however, when Disney's rehab list isn't current!

Of course the weirdest things are the site's "hiccups," where most of the rehab list mysteriously disappears for a few days, then comes back again just as suddenly as it disappeared...

DisneyFan25863
02-04-2003, 08:10 PM
You TRUSTED Disney.com?! Are you CRAZY?! (this is coming from someone who once saw a listing showing that "Rodger Rabbitts Scary Adventure" was closed! (ps: the SP mistake was there, also) I think a certin webmaster for Disney.com needs to get into the park once in awhile....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: