PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier balcony?

walkngdude
02-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi,
Do the rooms at the Paradise Pier have balconies? We may be staying there and I (cough cough ) smoke and feel I need a balcony to do so. If not does the Disneyland Hotel have them?
Thanks
Marc

chelbell
02-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Hi. Paradise Pier rooms do not have balconies, only windows, which don't open very much. But, if you get a room on the same level as the pool (forgot which level it is), I believe the rooms on that level have patios. As far as the Disneyland Hotel, the rooms have sliding doors, which open up to a VERY small balcony. We're talking the railing is only about a step or 2 from the door, but you CAN step out on to it. Our room there overlooked the pool and if I stepped out on to the balcony and looked to the left I could see Downtown Disney. Hope that helps.

MouseWife
02-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Not sure but I think those are called 'Cabana Rooms' on the 3rd floor.

Look nice, much more expensive than basic rooms.

Funny, one time we saw a dad yelling at the kids who had locked him out.........If you get one, keep a key on you. ;)

chelbell
02-04-2003, 06:20 AM
I think you are right MouseWife, I think they are called Cabana rooms. And they are more expensive.:)

tiggerandtink
02-04-2003, 09:51 AM
Walkngdude, just smoke in the bathroom with the fan on and a can of Lysol, that's what we did in college;)

Grandbreaker
02-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Walkngdude, just smoke in the bathroom with the fan on and a can of Lysol, that's what we did in college

Well it wont work here. If someone can tell that someone has been smoking they call security and they will go upto the room ask them to stop, remember the smoking area for the hotels is OUTside.

tiggerandtink
02-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Sorry Grandbreaker you apparently didn't get the joke implied there. Personally I am as adament an anti-smoker as you will find. I live in an apartment and my neighbor always smokes on her balcony and all of the smoke goes straight into any open window I may have so that I can smell it anywhere in the apartment. It is very annoying.

kranders
02-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Grandbreaker
Well it wont work here. If someone can tell that someone has been smoking they call security and they will go upto the room ask them to stop, remember the smoking area for the hotels is OUTside. Does this apply to the DLH also? I constantly see people stepping onto that little edge of a balcony, with the sliding door open, sneaking a smoke. It's unfair to the next guest who is sensitive, never mind all the guest above them with open windows! Will security respond if I tell them? Do they watch for violations on their own? You can just stand there and see it happen every morning.

MouseWife
02-04-2003, 01:00 PM
I stayed at a motel/hotel that had a strict 'No Smoking' policy.
I can't remember if they told me or if I read it in their folder but it said that if they found evidence of smoking in the room that you could/would be fined $250.

Has anyone heard of something like this?

Grandbreaker
02-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Will security respond if I tell them? Do they watch for violations on their own? You can just stand there and see it happen every morning.

Yes they will just give the your room number and where you see someone smoking.

kranders
02-04-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
I stayed at a motel/hotel that had a strict 'No Smoking' policy.
I can't remember if they told me or if I read it in their folder but it said that if they found evidence of smoking in the room that you could/would be fined $250.

Has anyone heard of something like this? I've seen this too. They say it's to cover the extra cost to clean the carpets, curtains, etc. I think that you will find more hotels doing this.

MammaSilva
02-04-2003, 03:41 PM
If you smoke, just suck it up and get a smoking room, if the hotel you want to stay at is 100 percent non smoking then be prepared to make the trek down to the outside smoking areas....and this is from a smoker.......when you register you can be honest with the clerk and tell them you know you are in a non smoking environment and to please give you a room as close to the smoking areas or elevator to make the trek less painful.....but standing on the balcony in a non smoking room won't work most times...

MouseWife
02-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by kranders
I've seen this too. They say it's to cover the extra cost to clean the carpets, curtains, etc. I think that you will find more hotels doing this.

I think it is a great idea. I think that everyone who does smoke {or who brings a smoker with them, as we did} needs to make sure and read all of the papers in the room. This was something I had to fish for.

Well, maybe if I were the smoker, and I were honest , as mammasilva said, they would have told me about this policy at the front desk.

I just forget that my daughter smokes. :( Must be my rose colored glasses.