PDA

View Full Version : Is there a current thread/report on 09 holiday merchandise?

nvmom
11-21-2009, 07:25 AM
I did some looking on the site but I'm not finding the current 09 holiday merchandise info/photos? I have friend headed to DLR for Thanksgiving and is willing to shop for me so I wanted to take a look. Thanks! :)

nvmom

mechurchlady
11-21-2009, 03:32 PM
While you are shopping make sure you check out the 2009 logo marked items that are on sale for 40% off. I have not seen a thread with merchandise pictures and details recently though someone did ask about what is out there. I guess you just started the thread, lol.

There is tons of stuff out since the beginning of November. There are only a few Radko ornaments in World of Disney central expensive items area and in the Gallery in the middle of Main Street. The old ornament shop closed in New Orleans Square so no more Radko ornaments. The east end of World of Disney is full of holiday stuff as you walk in. Bring your walking shoes, lots to see and buy. Bring a stroller for carrying them purchases, lol.

nvmom
11-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Well I won't be the one shopping... a friend is going this weekend which is why I was hoping for a thread or pics of some current holiday merchandise so I could send her on some specific missions :) Thanks...

nvmom

Malcon10t
11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
What products do you like? I loved the Pluto Christmas plushy.

If you go to Disneystores.com, click on Parks, and then Holidays you can see what is available.

bennette
11-23-2009, 08:19 PM
I actually thought there wasn't that much when we were there Saturday but I was strongly attracted to the incredibly overpriced box of holiday rice crispy treats (some special Mickey ones, some shaped like presents, and one unexplained plain square of regular rice crispy treat?).

If only I ate rice crispy treats. Or more specifically the ones from Disney made with cheap margarine.

But they sure were cute! I know some Disney aficionado would be thrilled to have one or several at $18.95 a box of six.

I also thought the snowman headband/ears were incredibly cute.

Otherwise, I kept saying to myself it would be a tolerable purchase at the outlet later in the year...when it was much less. I honestly have never had an easier year walking away.

Sorry. :(

nvmom
11-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Thank you!
The rice krispy treats do sound cute... but I have to agree not always the best tasting :)

nvmom

Tisha
11-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Since this is a about holiday merchandise, I thought it might be the right place to ask. I was just looking at the holiday stuff yesterday, especially ornaments, and it's all very cute, but it's my first year in my own home so I have to trim an entire tree. At Disney's prices it would be very hard! I was wondering when that stuff goes on sale? I know after the holidays it probably goes to the outlets, but I seem to remember that last year the Christmas stuff went on sale slightly before Christmas. Am I remembering correctly?

Hannahbelle
11-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Since this is a about holiday merchandise, I thought it might be the right place to ask. I was just looking at the holiday stuff yesterday, especially ornaments, and it's all very cute, but it's my first year in my own home so I have to trim an entire tree. At Disney's prices it would be very hard! I was wondering when that stuff goes on sale? I know after the holidays it probably goes to the outlets, but I seem to remember that last year the Christmas stuff went on sale slightly before Christmas. Am I remembering correctly?

I was at the Disney Store on Saturday and their ornaments were on sale already. I'm sure they will be even lower on Black Friday. As far as the ornaments in the park, they usually stay in the stores through New Years and go on sale the day after Christmas. (in my experiences)

I trim a Disney tree too! I would love to hear about your plans for a Disney Tree.

Tisha
11-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks, I may have to check out a Disney Store.

Although I did do a search and found the post I was thinking of from last year that did confirm that Christmas merchandise went on sale in the park a week before Christmas last year. I'm crossing my fingers that they do the same this year.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=122710

MammaSilva
11-25-2009, 07:32 PM
A decorating suggestion...dont break your bank balance trying to fill the tree with Disney ornaments in one shopping season. Pick a few you can't live without and use fabric/ribbon bows to fill in the tree...your tree probably will be backed up against a wall or in a corner...lights and bows and maybe garland will be fine for that side that is pretty much hidden. As the years go and you catch the after the holiday clearance prices you can add to your collection and still have a pretty tree each year.