PDA

View Full Version : What Disneyana stuff do you have?

80S ERA
07-20-2001, 09:05 AM
OK, heres your chance to show how serious of a fan you are!

I was going to ask this on the "How do you show the world you're a Disneyland fan" thread, but decided to ask this on a new thread.

One way to measure the passion of a Disneyland fan is by knowing how much memorabilia they have.

Here is my growing list (Growing thanks to E-bay):

1. 1971 Pictoral Souvenir Guide
2. 1981 Guide Book
3. Attraction posters (mini)
- Adventure Thru Inner Space
- Skyway
- Peoplemover
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Flying Saucers
4. Progress City frame
5. A preview of attractions frame
6. 1997 Disneyland Video
7. DCA AP Preview Day pin

Looking for:

* More 80's memorabilia (brochures, guides, etc)
* Ticket Books (ABCDE)
* Photos / Concept art of 2nd Generation Tomorrowland (white SM, peoplemover, circlevision, etc)

I know my list is short, since I throw away too much stuff :mad: I just wish I kept more stuff that I collected personally...Buying someone else's memorabilia on ebay just isn't the same, if you know what I mean?

Do you have anything interesting?

steamboatStu
07-20-2001, 10:12 AM
The highest ticket items would be the Melanie Taylor Kent serigraphs commemorating the WDW 15th anniversary and Tokyo Disneyland's 10th anniversary (was not sold in the U.S). I would like to get her Fantasyland and Main Street Electrical Parade serigraphs. Also have the full scale DLRR attraction poster and a Disney Store limited edition poster (shows the feature annimation posters 1 - 35). Misc items include Walt Disney(the man) postcards, the Disney postage stamps from that country no ones ever heard of, two Mickey Mouse snowglobes and several Disney Art books.

07-20-2001, 12:59 PM
No Disneylandana, just Disneyana:

a "That Darn Cat" (the original) charm bracelet

a "Mary Poppins" spoon

both items well-loved and never for sale!

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-20-2001, 02:36 PM
I have my own little collection. Not very many valuables, but I'm proud.

Fastpasses, DL stickers, Autopia Liscences (42), over 60 DL and WDW brochures and guide maps, picture of me and the whole Alice in WL cast, 10 photo albums, MSEP finale/DL closing sparkle sticker and button, emense amount of postcards, Trivia Books, Gold Coin (got it at Tomorrowland through my travel Co.), promotional framed pic of characters on a Horse-Drawn Carriage, MSEP bulb, Light Magic Popcorn Buckets, Hunchback cups and fingerpuppets from TL Terrace, Park exclusive Beanie Babies, DCA Screamin' Model, Adventureland and Frontierland Magnets, Personalized Mouse Ears.

Not Necessarily Disneyana, But I love it all.;)

Dreamstaker
07-20-2001, 06:02 PM
I have

A Snow white statue from the 60's. A Donald Duck hat from the 60's or 70's (I can't tell). A shoe box of tickets (A-E & Magic Kingdom) Blue Bayou kids meal hat. A Disneyland hotel Mickey mask kids meal from 1968. Indiana Jones AT&T translation card. Autopia card. Soap Opera Bistro postcard. the Junior Exporer map, stickers and stuff that goes with it. The birthday set. A bunch of pins. Fastpasses, Disneyland today guides. And more somewhere in my old toy box.

:eek:

Napsto
07-20-2001, 08:45 PM
i ahve a disneyland shrine, a Dca shrine, and some other little things.

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-20-2001, 09:20 PM
Some things I forgot...

Pinocchio and Mickey paper masks from Monorail Cafe, Song of the South figurines, Indy explorer hat, Artist-Drawn map of New Orleans Square. I have a few other things, but I won't drone on.

Napsto
07-22-2001, 02:41 AM
plus beanies and a couple of pins

stan4d_steph
07-27-2001, 01:13 PM
Stuff I can think of off hand:
I have a Mickey Mouse Club metal trash can, but it's dented so probably not worth much. This was my first and only trash can for my room at home.

I've got a stuffed Figment doll from Epcot and a stuffed cat from Aristocats (I think the grey one?).

I'm sure there's more in my room at my parent's home, but since I don't live there anymore, I can't look easily. There's a lot of stuff there I'm sure they'd like me to take off their hands. :)

The coolest thing in my opinion is my Haunted Mansion board game. Did anybody else have this? This was my favorite game when I was a kid. It has little doom buggies for game pieces and lots of other cool features that are hard to describe in a short note.

And I almost forgot... pins! ;)

adriennek
07-27-2001, 01:46 PM
We have bookshelves full of odds and ends: Maps, pins, buttons, AP party stuff. "Freebies" like our Club 33 drink stirrers and pads of paper and bathroom paper towels. My husband collects books-- the big kind.

But I'm most pleased with my personal little collection- I'm pretty sure it's Disneyana:

My Disneyland Creative Advisory Council 2001 watch
My Disneyland Creative Advisory Council 2001 fleece blanket
My Disneyland Creative Advisory Council 2001 denim shirt

:) Adrienne K

Gemini Cricket
07-27-2001, 02:10 PM
What is the Disneyland Creative Advisory Council?

adriennek
07-27-2001, 02:29 PM
The Disneyland Creative Advisory Council is a group of Disneyland patrons/fans assembled by the merchandise team at TDA, at the request of Cynthia Harriss. This group meets 4 times a year. We sign non-disclosure agreements. Then various Disney CMs in the Merchandising department come to our meetings and seek our advice.

It's a lot like being in a focus group. That meets four times a year. And gets cool gifts and opportunities. They've shown us artwork and concepts for merchandise events, tie-ins to various aspects of Disneyland, etc. Then we give them our feedback. Do we think people would be interested in buying these products? If they were going to theme clothing for a certain event, what kind of logos would we want to see on that clothing? Etc. etc.

The council is interesting because there is varied demographic represented, from young people (21 years old) to retired people. Some have kids, some don't. There are a variety of professions represented. And not everyone is from the same geographic area (read: not everyone is local to DL.)

And the best part is to see how everything works and to have the opportunity to have our opinions heard. I don't want to violate my NDA, so I'll stop there, but in the past few months, I've seen us say things at meetings that Disneyland later directly responded to. You'll just have to trust me :)

Adrienne K

mad4mky
07-27-2001, 02:35 PM
I have a very large 1968 poster size map of Disneyland...in perfect condition. It's great. We love to look at it, and see the attractions of yesterday...that are alas, no longer there...and to see where they now have other great attractions.
I have 1965 Mickey Mouse watch
and a 1940's Mickey Mouse Doll....
Lots of other stuff, that probably means more to me than to anyone else...but I couldn't even begin to list it.

Wackokid
07-27-2001, 04:20 PM
i have a little pooh spinny thingy, and a map and a ticket

bandboy1985
08-22-2001, 07:42 PM
i have collected almost all of the cast member only buttons from 1988-1992, so the Fantasmic! stuff, various promotional pins, etc. i also have a banner from each major promotion where they lined main street- (mainly the anniversary promo's) 30th, 35th and a few other large parade pieces!

beanpole
08-22-2001, 09:20 PM
I collect books and souvenir booklets purchased from Disneyland, WDW and Tokyo Disneyland over the last two decades.

My favorite is Randy Bright's "Disneyland - Inside Story".

Morrigoon
08-22-2001, 09:26 PM
I have the Maleficent pin from the Divas event
the pirates key from the pirates event
a signed tiki room restaurant litho

... and a very special Disneyland key that was given out on press day - which is NOT for sale! ;)

DisneyDad
09-10-2001, 11:35 AM
My wife & I have a couple of old stools. They have four wooden legs, and vinyl seats. On one has Donald on top, on the other is Pluto. They were given to us by my wife's grandma. There's another with Mickey on it that I haven't seen, & is broken. The ones we do have are in fairly decent condition (not that we'd ever sell them).

Various Disney plush. (Recently, during our trip in June to Disneyland for my big three-oh!, bought a Roo bean bag plush for my now 15 mo. old [instead of crawling, he would "bounce" on his knees aroud the room. Cute! He now walks.]. We've never seen Roo without Kanga before.

Maps!

We also have behind glass in our entertainment center: the Fantasia box set (w/ litho's); a ceramic Mickey bank; ceramic Pooh & Piglet, Tigger, and Eyore; Snow White in a bridal gown (Mattel); & a ceramic teapot that we got at Disneyland in '96 on our 1 year anniversary that is in the shape of a "Hunny"pot with Pooh hanging off the side as the handle.

We also have the Winnie the Pooh box set (w/ litho's).

I have also recorded just about all of the "Disneyland"/ "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" shows that have anything to do with Disneyland (you should see my 4 y.o. dance & sing to "Dance Annette, Dance Annette, I love to Dance!"). Also, many Mickey Mouse Club episodes that my 4 y.o. adores (her favorite? Annette!).

And, of course, the memories of being there.

More than some, less than others. :D