PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Pirates story, and cast member compliments

DisneylandBoy
02-03-2003, 05:41 AM
Yesterday (Sunday 2/2) I went to Disneyland with a bunch of my friends. We had an overall good time, went on a bunch of rides, I rode Casey Jr. for the first time ever, and saw the new Princess Parade (no comment there). But the highlight of our day came at night.

We decided to go on Pirates around 6:30ish. As we were going through the ride, one of my friends was adjusting herself when her phone fell out of her back pocket and into the water! We had a moment of panic and laughter as we tried to figure out what to do. Once we got off the ride, she told some guy working there what had happened, and they started looking for the lead, but alas, the lead was no where to be found. So they told us to come back in 15 minutes. 15 minutes later, we walked back trhough the exit and the girl who had lost her phone talked to some guy for a while. Finally they decided to send us through the ride again with a flashlight so we could find the phone. So they put five of us in our own boat, and we got to go through the ride with a flashlight. Needless to say, we had a lot of fun! We were shining it in the water, and wow . . . don't want to know what was down there. We found the phone in the cannon room, and it was still lit up! So we go through the rest of the ride, and once we get off she tells them she found it and blah blah blah. So some guy takes her around with him in their own boat ( ;) ) and I guess when they got to the phone he jumped out of the boat and grabbed it! The phone was ruined but the chip was still good! So all was good!

Also, we had a hilarious skipper on the Jungle Cruise, Kassandra. I went to City Hall afterwards and filled out a compliment form. Yay for me!

DisneyGuy03
02-03-2003, 08:23 AM
On the phone, if she hasn't gotten it replaced already, have her remiove the battery (if the chip is somewhere that she can do that herself too, do so as well) and let it dry out overnight, phone should eb as good as new....esp. if it was still lit when you went through. If she has replaced the phone, then everyone else that takes thier phones with them, please take note that this generally will work to dry out a phone, sometimes it takes as much as 72 hours to dry out, but will still work fine in many cases.

And care to post the cast member names involved in the Pirates incident? They deserve a huge thank you.

DisneylandBoy
02-03-2003, 07:14 PM
The Cast Members involved with the Pirates incident were Joey, Gina and I believe the lead, Austin. They were very friendly about it and helped out a lot. So thank you to them!

tabacco
02-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Hooray! Austin! One of my favorite people :)