PDA

View Full Version : I *heart* Disneyland Commercials!

lauramaynot
11-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Akk! the new christmas one is playing up here in nor cal...with small world tinkling away and the christmas tree gah! it makes it feel like the holidays are really here and there is a new one I have seen 3 times today on ABC family with pirates, it is just a generic disney parks one, but still I love it :geek:

Disney does the best commercials EVER! I have a bunch of the vacation planning videos and disneyland sing along songs (which is just a glorified 30 minute commercial according to my hubby LOL! and when I get to feeling like I need to see it, I watch them or look up the old commercials on youtube...anyway I can't be the only one right?

disney42dude
11-15-2009, 04:09 PM
I know! The Small World Christmas commercial is really making me want to be down there now. :cool:

AZ Disney Lover
11-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I always tear up when a Disney commercial comes on. Doesn't matter if it's for the Parks, a movie preview or a DVD coming out....the music, fairy dust, the familiar voiceover voice are all components that make them stand apart from all other commercials. They are classy, unique & I always stop in my tracks to watch no matter how many times I've seen them.

As corny as it sounds (I'm revealing my sappy side), the Disney magic still affects me after all these years. I know it's a business and like all businesses the bottom line is the most important ~ my head knows that but my heart is filled with Tink's fairy dust! Growing up & living for many years near Chicago I have great memories of watching the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday evenings and I was an excited Mousketeer every afternoon after school (I loved Jimmie, Roy the Mooseketeer, Cubby & Karen, Annette & the whole gang).

Walt has always been a beloved father figure to me & I always thought it was special that our birthdays are a day apart - it gave us a special kinship in my young mind thru the years that lasts to this day. I did book reports on Walt, Mickey & Disneyland & all my friends know how Disney nuts I have always been!

Anyway, I remember my first trip to Disneyland in 1979 ~ you can imagine how thrilled I was to FINALLY visit my most magical place in the whole wide world and to walk where Mr. Disney had walked. I honestly felt like I was home & this is where I belonged. I was so choked up I couldn't speak for a very long time & I hid my eyes that were swimming in happy tears behind my shades because I didn't want everyone seeing this grown woman as verklempt as Linda Richmond!

Since that first visit to Anaheim, we vacationed in fantastic Disney World 14 or 15 times over the years with our twins and loved it so but nothing is as special as the original and it's wonderful that we now live relatively close to Disneyland...to this day I make sure that I never forget to take my sun glasses, even on cloudy days! :)