PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Electrical Parade

WizKidRyan
07-20-2001, 12:11 AM
Just thought I'd pass along that on page 24 of the Summer 2001 Disney Magazine is a picture of some concept art for Tokyo's new electrical parade. I would scan it and post it online if my scanner was working, but alas, it's not. Maybe someone will learn that the DRL could use a new Electrical Parade.

Below is the caption that goes with the artwork:

"Night Light:
A twinty-first-century version of the Main Street Electrical Parade is coming to Tokyo Disneyland this June. At a projected cost of 3 billion yen (about $24.5 million), Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights will be an ultramodern affair.
Illuminated floats and a cast of 100 will spark life into characters from A Bug's Life, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and many others. The parade will end the six-year tenure of Disney's Fantillusion"

Napsto
07-22-2001, 11:51 AM
any video of the perfornmance?

zapppop
07-22-2001, 09:44 PM
Dream Lights misses the mark because it lacks the warmth, heart, spirit and energy of the original.

Look for yourself and decide

Here are 2 links

http://www.disneydream.net ( complete soundtrack )

http://deco.g-com.ne.jp/dtd/ ( in japanese but has lots of pictures )

WizKidRyan
07-22-2001, 11:04 PM
After looking at the pictures and hearing the soundtrack I've got to say that it looks pretty but it almost looks too "clean", but then again when looking at tokyo disneyland pictures the park as a whole seems too perfect in comparison to Disneyland California.
The soundtrack is nice and I wish DEP at DCA got a new soundtrack, but the tokyo one sounds hollow. It's missing that synthesized sound that is just a given with the electrical parade :D

zapppop
07-23-2001, 03:41 PM
I think something people forget is that the imperfections in the Main Street Electrical Parade are part of it's overall charm. It's not perfect but it's pleasing.

I personally am against updating the MSEP because the MSEP is not about technology, it's about electricity.

We need to remember that the Main Street Electrical Parade is not Fantillusion or Spectro Magic.

Lost Boy
08-06-2001, 09:24 PM
I have the soundtrack cd's for both Fantallusion and Dreamlights. I love Dreamlights soundtrack except for the insistant yammering by the characters on the floats. I wish they had put two track on the disk. One of the entire show with all the talking and one without the talking. I love the Original Main Street Electrical Parade from Disneyland more than anything, but the pictures I have seen and having the soundtrack, I love this new version.
I wish I new if a video tape existed yet or if Fantallusion was avaiable anywhere on video at a reasonable price. I know Video tapes from Japan play on Amercian TV with no problem as we are both on the NTSC system.
Anyone out there take any video of these parades that you would be willing to copy like I do with my Disneyand Tapes?
:) :D ;)