PDA

View Full Version : Yay! The carrousel is almost ready!

stitcher
02-01-2003, 01:10 AM
I was just at DL tonight and saw the horses are now in and they appeared to be rotating the turntable, very slowly. The soft opening is in less than two weeks! A little more painting I think though, the outer poles still looked bare.

Kimi_Coconuts
02-01-2003, 08:22 AM
I think they are supposed to open on Friday 2/14, right?

I will miss them by one day! Boo hoo!

Not Afraid
02-01-2003, 09:43 AM
THe Carousel does ideed look great! There were 5 of us peering through cracks in walls or doors last night - much to the confusion of other guests.:confused:

As someone said last night, there will be a lot of couples riding on February 14th. (Right cemeinke?) ;)

cemeinke
02-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
As someone said last night, there will be a lot of couples riding on February 14th. (Right cemeinke?) ;)

Oh we'll be there to be sure - wouldn't miss it for anything:)

stitcher
02-01-2003, 10:21 AM
The many identities of stitcher all say in unison:

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH, how romantic......:rolleyes: ;)

Gotta be happy for someone, even if I can't for myself...:crying:

Not Afraid
02-01-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by stitcher
The many identities of stitcher all say in unison:

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH, how romantic......:rolleyes: ;)

Gotta be happy for someone, even if I can't for myself...:crying:

Awwwwwwww. If it would make you feel better, my adopted son, you can take a spin on the carousel with me.:)

stitcher
02-01-2003, 10:28 AM
I'll know my "plans" for that day by later tonight!

Not Afraid
02-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by stitcher
I'll know my "plans" for that day by later tonight!

Whoa baby! Are you keeping a secret?;)

stitcher
02-01-2003, 10:32 AM
No....but I must wait for the great leader to tell me when I am needed. Then I shall know.:D

Nancy
02-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know if the "original" horse on the outside row with the gold tooth will be back? ( more urban legend?)

Matterhorn Fan
02-01-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
THe Carousel does ideed look great! There were 5 of us peering through cracks in walls or doors last night - much to the confusion of other guests.:confused: Did you cause traffic jams? I should never have taught you that trick. :D :rolleyes:

Wizard69
02-01-2003, 09:44 PM
Yesterday (friday) they had the lights on and the music playing but no rotating.

stitcher
02-03-2003, 12:02 AM
OOOHhhhh! Tonight the lights were on and we just happened to come around the corner from the Alice area and saw that the thing was going at full speed!

Sonya in Boise
02-03-2003, 10:31 AM
We are going to be there March 8th and my girls will be so excited to ride this.

It's been down for so long, I kinda put it out of my mind that we would ever be able to ride it. What a wonderful suprise when I opened this thread.

It will bring a whole new atmosphers to FL to hear the music and see the lights. I'm soooo excited.

innerSpaceman
02-03-2003, 10:38 AM
Wow. All the anticipation has caused the Carousel to jump to E-Ticket status. And all they had to do was to work so slowly that the attraction was down for rehab for a longer time than it took to create all of Disneyland in the first place.

But artificially-enhanced though the excitement may be, I am so excited! I can hardly wait to ride it once again. Round and round and round I will go. Up and down, and around and around - since I will ride it many many many times to make up for time lost and to express how much I have missed this cornerstone of Disneyland - the simplest of attractions and one hardly unique to the ingenuity of the imagineers - but so beloved nonetheless.

Welcome Back King Arthur Carousel!

MammaSilva
02-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Everyone, ride once for me please? I may have to double up on the dramamine next trip so I can ride with Brandy... I can do the coasters no problems but the round/round/round rides make me have yammy issues...

mad4mky
02-03-2003, 12:33 PM
While none of us ride the carrousel any more in our family....Fantasyland just doesn't seem complete with out it open and running. It makes walking through the castle complete.

I'll be glad to see it up and running, and all the smiling faces of the little ones on it!
:D

BELLEH5
02-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Sadly I never have been on the Kings Carrousel:( I will for sure next month. Wish could join all you couples on Feb 14, but I'll be serving all the sweet couples. I'll be there in sprit. Save me an empty seat***

blusilva
02-07-2003, 11:04 AM
From the newly re-designed Disneyland.com:

Notice the hand-painted panels at the top of the carrousel. They tell the story of Snow White.

Can anyone verify this? They used to tell the story of Sleeping Beauty, IIRC.

zapppop
02-07-2003, 11:11 AM
They STILL tell the story of Sleeping Beauty.
You can even see the paintings through the cracks in the wall
or when you're riding Dumbo.

Looks like Disneyland.com is STILL full of mistakes.:rolleyes:

I'm surprised how careless some people are.
I can't tell you how many people I pass by in the park that call
Sleeping Beauty Castle " Cinderella's Castle ". Whenever someone asks me ' Where's Cinderella Castle ? ' I reply ' It's at TokyoDisneyland in Urayasu, Japan ' or ' The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, Florida '.

LostMickey
02-07-2003, 11:12 AM
:p :p :p :p :p

ROFLMHO! HAH! That is the funniest thing. It is so totally NOT true! It is indeed Sleeping Beauty.......I don't know who wrote that page but they obviously have no fairy tale experience whatsoever.

"Notice the hand-painted panels at the top of the carrousel. They tell the story of Snow White."

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I can't get over it.........Stupidheads