PDA

View Full Version : What Makes An Attraction An E Ticket?

Rufus T Firefly
11-09-2009, 05:12 PM
In your opinion, what elements make an attraction an E ticket ride? Must it be a thrill ride like Space Mt? Should it be a totally immersive experience like POTC or HM? The Matterhorn, Submarine Voyage and Jungle Cruise were all E tickets at one time. Would they be considered that today? What are your thoughts?

Darkbeer
11-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I would say the attractions with the longest waits. That was pretty much how they decided it back then.

But on major point, the crowds were a lot smaller, so attractions such as Peter Pan and Dumbo wouldn't qualify due to the low capacity of the attractions.

But if you want to charge the "highest" price for a ride, you go with the most popular. (aka most guests per hour).

dznyphreak
11-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I think the current practice of deeming an attraction "E-ticket" is based on hourly ride capacity...not necessarily how many people visit the attraction, but how many could theoretically experience it in an hour.

That being said, I think it's based more on excitement level than capacity among Disney fans these days...Take DCA for instance. I'd call Screamin', GRR, Soarin', and ToT the E-tickets there, but I don't know if they fit the technical definition.