PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin note

DisneyFreak2000
01-31-2003, 08:26 PM
Not sure where to put this, but I was told today that the original Aladdin story 10001 Arabian tales starts out with: "Aladdin was a chinese boy"

If this is true, then all the stuff about "Aladding looking less Arabic and more Asian" can stop because I guess they casted him just as the book described. ;) Heh, I thought it was funny. Ba-Da-Bing!

treelofan
01-31-2003, 08:33 PM
in the show at dca micheal lee is korean american & he's a hottie there's also a indian one in the show as well.

GoldenEars
01-31-2003, 10:05 PM
Did anyone else see the one major *BooBoo* in the Aladdin show on Thursday at the 5pm show?

It was during the scene when Aladdin is walking down into the Cave of Wonders. The ropes were not being used during that scene (for whatever reason), so Aladdin was just walking on stage instead. However, while the one Aladdin was walking from one side of the stage to the center, the other Aladdin was walking from the other side of the stage to the center as well.

Apparently, they didn't realize either one was on stage until they saw each other at the center, LOL!! And at that time, one of them darted off quickly!

How does a lack of communication and paying attention go unnoticed like that? Heaven for bid there would be 2 Mickey's in the same spot at one time. Perhaps they could pull it off by saying Mickey had a twin, LOL!!:D

Anyway, I just thought that part was so funny in the show. And so did the whole audience too, cuz there were a lot of chuckles coming from people.

Patrick :)

DisneyGuy03
02-01-2003, 09:48 AM
This is really strange, because when the ropes don't get used, they normally don't have the double walking out on stage....oops, well, these things happen from time to time.

RStar
02-03-2003, 09:38 AM
A little ad-lib like "Dude, you'll never have a friend like me!" then a high five before rushing off the stage would have been funny.:D

DisneyGuy03
02-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Oh, this reminds me, if you sit in the "Box Seats" stage left (our right) in either the Balcony or Mezzanine, you can see the double and the real Aladdin giving each other a high five as the double exits and the regular one comes on (Seen this with both Miles and Michael)....just a little observation and it's happened every show that i have seen from there, my guess is that it's a little ritual of sorts for them.