PDA

View Full Version : Big Thunder Cookie Toss

Gemini Cricket
07-19-2001, 10:35 PM
If you want a whole new experience on Big Thunder, sit in the last row then do the whole ride looking backwards. You don't know what's coming and you can see everything they didn't theme. It's awesome but I felt like blowing my chow the first time I tried it.

Ralph Wiggum
07-19-2001, 11:14 PM
They will most of the time yell at you over the speaker....try looking straight up the whole time...it feels like your falling at a 80 degree angle..

Largent81
07-19-2001, 11:23 PM
Omigosh!!! I completely forgot I used to do the whole ride looking only to the right and then jump back in line and go through looking only to the left! I think I was about 8 or 9. Awww.... memories. (eyes tearing up, sniff sniff)

Morrigoon
07-19-2001, 11:28 PM
Done the looking back but sitting in the left side and doing the goat trick (better yet, sitting on the right side when I'm alone in the car) is usually enough for me

Largent81
07-19-2001, 11:31 PM
Goat trick? You mean staring at the goat through the whole turn? Loved that too.

DisneylandKid
07-20-2001, 08:24 AM
Like someone said earlier, everytime someone tries it on my train, a CM says over the speaker-system to please face forward.

Andrew
07-20-2001, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Largent81
Goat trick? You mean staring at the goat through the whole turn? Loved that too.

Ahh.. the goat trick.

Sheila
07-20-2001, 10:13 AM

Ahhh.... the goat trick! :-)

For those of you not familiar with this ride variation on BTMRR, here's how it goes:

At the top of the ride, the train circles (in a clockwise direction) a goat chewing on a stick of dynamite. If, at the beginning of the turn, you turn your body to the right and look over your right shoulder at the goat during the complete turn, you may experience a spinning-type of disorientation. The goat trick is best experienced from the last couple of rows of the train. (But don't forget to keep your hands on the lapbar. Safety first, kids!)

Not everyone experiences the spinning sensation. Your mileage may vary.

Sheila

Largent81
07-20-2001, 10:51 AM
Spinning sensation, was that all I was supposed to experience. I think it was better than that, but can't describe it!

Matterhorn Fan
07-20-2001, 03:45 PM
If you're sitting by yourself, and on the right when you get to the goat, you'll also go sliding (slamming?) over to the left side.

Gemini Cricket
07-20-2001, 03:46 PM
You can also try it with your eyes closed. That's fun too. Except, once my cranium collided with my fellow rider's skull on a turn.

Sheila
07-20-2001, 05:16 PM
Spinning sensation, was that all I was supposed to experience. I think it was better than that, but can't describe it!

Yeah, I couldn't think of a good way to describe it either! "Spinning sensation" was best I could come up with... :)

Sheila

Napsto
07-20-2001, 08:48 PM
i didn't now so many people do that

Gregmh48
07-20-2001, 09:44 PM
How long do you keep facing right? Do you do it through the Spiral Butte?

Napsto
07-22-2001, 02:39 AM
what if you look to the North?

Uncle Dick
07-06-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Andrew

Ahh.. the goat trick.
I did some goat tricking of my own this evening…_on Space Mountain! All you have to do on those sharp curves is look towards the center of each curve all the way through to get "that sensation". I must've gotten five or six "sensations" before the ride ended.

zapppop
07-07-2002, 07:04 AM
I only do the goat trick if I'm sitting in one of the last three rows and it's after 8PM. It just doesn't seem to work for me during the daytime or in any of the other rows.

Not Afraid
07-07-2002, 07:30 AM
It is "goat trick no more" for me. I required a trip to the Chiro after a recent bout of trickiness. I am now only allowed to do the goat trick on Pirates.

Matterhorn Fan
07-07-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
It is "goat trick no more" for me. I required a trip to the Chiro after a recent bout of trickiness. I am now only allowed to do the goat trick on Pirates. At least you didn't break a rib. Do you do the goat trick with each goat on Pirates, or do you have a favorite? ;)

LIMANDL4EVA
07-07-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
Like someone said earlier, everytime someone tries it on my train, a CM says over the speaker-system to please face forward.
same here
it ruined the fun
its not like we could get hurt
:rolleyes: