PDA

View Full Version : HOB and ESPN Zone

rexfarms
01-31-2003, 12:07 PM
So I can confirm, there is no admission price to get into the HOB or the ESPN zone to the bar or to eat there? There would only be an admission to hear a band right? Also, you can get a parking ticket from M&F and leave and come back in the evening and just show the ticket to get back in for free? What if I use my AP to park for free, then leave then give my ticket to a family member, can they come back and park again for free? I will not be with them when I come back.

refurbmike
01-31-2003, 12:26 PM
"So I can confirm, there is no admission price to get into the HOB or the ESPN zone to the bar or to eat there?"

No admission.

"There would only be an admission to hear a band right?"

Sure. I don't know. Never done so.

"Also, you can get a parking ticket from M&F and leave and come back in the evening and just show the ticket to get back in for free?"

Yes.

"What if I use my AP to park for free, then leave then give my ticket to a family member, can they come back and park again for free?"

Technically, yes. They only check the parking receipt.

justagrrl
01-31-2003, 02:16 PM
The bartenders at ESPN zone are FABULOUS! have a great time. :)

rexfarms
01-31-2003, 02:52 PM
thanks everybody. I think I already know the answer to this but if my AP expires June 1st 2003 and I renew this week will it expire June 1st 2004?

refurbmike
01-31-2003, 02:57 PM
I believe you can only "renew" your past up to 30 days before it expires. In other words, you won't be able to renew it till April 1st.

Lani
01-31-2003, 03:15 PM
Pardon my ignorance; what is HOB?

mad4mky
01-31-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Lani
Pardon my ignorance; what is HOB?

I assume...he meant..."House of Blues"

Lani
01-31-2003, 03:25 PM
Ahhhhh. Thank you! :)

Don
01-31-2003, 03:31 PM
If you know the exact days you're going I would get clarification from the places themselves, because for what the ESPN Zone considers "special events" such as playoffs, Super Bowl, a big game of some type on TV, they DO charge what amounts to a cover charge by enforcing a minimum, usually at least $25 per person and take reservations for the same to boot. I've been at ESPN when they've cleared patrons out of the bar/restaurant area to prepare and make way for these events. As for the bartenders, on more than one occasion I've found them to be incredibly rude and arrogant, especially the males. An attractive female would probably not have the same complaint.

I find the ESPN Zone to be too expensive and possessing a limited menu. It's a tourist trap. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in the place anymore.

Lani
01-31-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Don
I find the ESPN Zone to be too expensive and possessing a limited menu. It's a tourist trap. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in the place anymore. Alex and I have enjoyed their cheese fries. Mmmmm... although we think they changed the recipe recently because our most recent trip there yielded a not-particularly-great dish for us. Of course, it doesn't hurt that we enjoy watching all the sports on the monitors.

EandCDad
01-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Haven't tried the cheese-fries Lani. I went once with the family and we got into the big TV room and watched some baseball and had a pretty good steak sandwich that was reasonable. Went again about 10 months later and found out the steak sandwich was no longer on the menu. Probably be the last time we go there, its not bad, just not worth it for us.

DisneyGuy03
01-31-2003, 06:58 PM
"What if I use my AP to park for free, then leave then give my ticket to a family member, can they come back and park again for free?"

Technically, yes. They only check the parking receipt.
Actually, when using an AP reciept they ask to see your annual pass when you return.

HBTiggerFan
01-31-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by DisneyGuy03
Actually, when using an AP reciept they ask to see your annual pass when you return.

I have never been asked to show my AP when returning. They wave me through.

tabacco
02-01-2003, 12:48 AM
Regarding pass renewals...

You can renew your pass and get the renewal discount of $20 off (for Deluxe and Premium APs only) starting 30 days before the expiration of your pass. Regardless of when in those 30 days you renew, your new pass will expire a year from when your old one did. So in other words, you won't get cheated out of the remaining days on your pass when you renew.