PDA

View Full Version : Taking a little DL home with you.

Pages : [1] 2

PinballPauly
11-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Has anybody ever taken a little bit of DL home with you? I have been thinking of getting water from all the rides, POTC, SPLASH, ROA and JUNGLE, putting them in small viles and taking them home. Has anyone done this and did you go thru airport security? I think as long as its under the ounces that they specify then it should be alright, yes? The wife thinks I'm off my rocker but the kid thinks it's a "cool" idea!!

Hannahbelle
11-06-2009, 09:23 AM
LOL!! That's a little "out there" for me....how about a nice park map! They're free!;)
Okay I do take more than my share of napkins from the food places for the RV...I admit it.

SUNSHINE4565
11-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Has anybody ever taken a little bit of DL home with you? I have been thinking of getting water from all the rides, POTC, SPLASH, ROA and JUNGLE, putting them in small viles and taking them home. Has anyone done this and did you go thru airport security? I think as long as its under the ounces that they specify then it should be alright, yes? The wife thinks I'm off my rocker but the kid thinks it's a "cool" idea!!

Though this sounds oh so great.... take the vile home and then run tests on the bacteria that is found in that water :) you will never stick your hands in it again:p

PinballPauly
11-06-2009, 09:38 AM
some things are better left not known. Oh, and I WILL be wearing a surgical glove! LOL

PinballPauly
11-06-2009, 09:42 AM
you know, I was thinking about it and any bacteria that is in that water is in me already because the kid and I love sittin in the front of POTC and I have gotten many a drop of water in the mouth and in the eye!! .....yeah, GROSS!!:eek:

PinballPauly
11-06-2009, 09:44 AM
my main problem is that I don't want to go thru all the trouble and then have the TSA take it away.

cstephens
11-06-2009, 11:01 AM
my main problem is that I don't want to go thru all the trouble and then have the TSA take it away.

Do you have any checked luggage? Won't be a problem if you put it there.

BlkPearlCptn
11-07-2009, 05:36 PM
When Indy first opened, there was a about a 2" inch chunk from the "bamboo" handrails on the floor. I picked it up and started to give it to a CM, when I jokingly asked if I could have it for a souvenir. She laughed and said, "Sure, we'll just throw it away anyways." So took it home, drilled a hole in it, sanded it down to it looks like a small rounded piece of bamboo and put it on a leather necklace. LOL. Hangs on my desk, by my computer. So, I have my little piece of Disneyland and Indy with me.

(I also picked up peeled paint pieces at NOS to match paint for my POTC bedroom project that worked it's way into the rest of the house. Yeah,,, I know... ) :D

mechurchlady
11-07-2009, 06:11 PM
I agree with cstephens on putting it in checked luggage.

It is not something you cannot lose like family photos, medicine, or a diamond ring. It can be replaced by someone out here. Put equal amounts in each suitcase and double bag it in case of baggage damage. It is important to you so why risk of running into hard nosed sticklers of the rules who would dispose of your collection.

Drince88
11-07-2009, 06:41 PM
so why risk of running into hard nosed sticklers of the rules who would dispose of your collection.
You mean the men and women who just enforce the rules that it's their job to enforce? I don't consider that being hard nosed sticklers, I call that doing their job.

As long as it was 3 oz or less per vial, and all the vials fit in a single quart size bag, it would meet the TSA rules. I've never had them question what's in my small bottles, and about half of them (more than half of the 'big' ones) are unmarked.

If you put it in a bag you check or in a carry-on bag, I would use plastic and not glass, though. (I always associate "vials" with being glass, though I know they don't have to be.)

aznewsboy
11-07-2009, 08:40 PM
(I also picked up peeled paint pieces at NOS to match paint for my POTC bedroom project that worked it's way into the rest of the house. Yeah,,, I know... ) :D

I want to see pictures of a POTC room!

The only things I take with me are the fun straws & Mickey head plates from the kids' meals. I don't even know if they give those out anymore cause we didn't get them our last trip.

I don't even want to know what's in the water!

SANDYMARIE
11-08-2009, 05:18 AM

YEP, we went 4 times in 2008 and I scooped up 1 vial for each trip. I open them often and it SMELLS like POTC!!!!!!
I had no trouble at the airport.

TTFN

Sandymarie

Stichy626
11-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Just curious, how do you get the water without being caught?

darph nader
11-08-2009, 08:21 PM
LOL!! That's a little "out there" for me....how about a nice park map! They're free!;)
Okay I do take more than my share of napkins from the food places for the RV...I admit it.

I did the same thing last trip. Gave my bro a non-discript paper towel from the Tomorrowland restroom. :D Still have some 50th paper napkins though. :rolleyes:

Crazydave
11-09-2009, 07:13 AM

Don't forget water from the Finding Nemo.

While these rides don't exist entirely in the water, they do go through water on thunder mtn and matterhorn.

AJDerrick
11-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Oh yeah, I take unmarked bottles through TSA all the time. As long as they're the right size and in the bag they won't care. They're used to unmarked bottles.

As far as favorite freebies, those would have to be my Club 33 things--matches, papertowels, etc. Everything in there has '33' smacked all over it. If you ever get in there the cast members are way nice about helping you gather up things to take with you.

V.I.N.CENT.
11-09-2009, 12:39 PM
some things are better left not known. Oh, and I WILL be wearing a surgical glove! LOL

I would avoid the glove :) If I happened to catch a glimpse of someone wearing a glove holding a vial over the water, that would definitely warrant a call to security IMO. I say, use a cup to scoop the water, then pour it into the vial. Should be easier that way.

Sesameguy
11-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Don't forget water from the Finding Nemo.

That one would be kind of tricky- you don't really get close enough to the water to "touch" it.

parymoppins
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
One time I took an animatronic crab from POTC.:p

explodingboy
11-10-2009, 01:15 AM

that's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while :)

darph nader
11-10-2009, 09:46 PM

Ah-Haa. So you're the one? :mad:

misdisney
11-10-2009, 11:07 PM
DO IT!!!! Thats a great idea:p

twindaddy
11-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Maybe someone has a child that they got as a souvenir from staying on property?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHrSX0gHX_8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHrSX0gHX_8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ellemoon
11-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Maybe someone has a child that they got as a souvenir from staying on property?

I don't know why but the first time I read this I took it as some kind of kidnapping joke... god my mind is so negative these days!

but I'm sure there are quite a few bundles of joy that were a surprise souvenier for couples at the resort :D

Foodie
11-11-2009, 01:15 PM
My aunt and uncle actually did this for me one year when they went to Disneyland. I still have them and they're one of my all time favorite souvenirs! What they did was empty out a bunch of travel shampoo and conditioner containers, filled each one with water from the lands or rides with water, then made labels for each of them. They did this on a road trip so they didn't have to worry about airplane rules.