PDA

View Full Version : More Coffee discussions...

olegc
11-05-2009, 06:18 AM
According to the Around Disney blog from the OC Register...

"Speaking of Starbucks, Disney officials deny that Starbucks is coming to the park, as the MiceAge.com Web site reported as a rumor recently. Instead, Disney got another new coffee supplier — Joffrey’s. The new coffee began in mid-October, said Suzi Brown, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman"

link (http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/05/how-to-get-free-coffee-at-disneyland/23911/)

stan4d_steph
11-05-2009, 07:29 AM
So, anyone tried the new coffee? How does it taste?

candles71
11-05-2009, 07:35 AM
So, anyone tried the new coffee? How does it taste?

You mean the Via? It is really good for instant. In fact it didn't taste like instant to me. Costco carries it for cheaper in a 3 pack. I am thinking it would be good for park trips. Also, the girl who gave me my sample at Starbucks said that when they were trained the trainer had them put it into a cold bottle of water as well. It mixed perfectly right into the cold water, she said. No leftover gunk in the bottom. So you can make cold or hot coffee with it. Now I haven't purchased any, its a little pricey for everyday IMHO, but I am really considering it for traveling. (In with my crystal light packets:p) Oh and I usually like a little cream in my coffee, but I tried it black and liked it.

stan4d_steph
11-05-2009, 07:39 AM
You mean the Via?No, the new coffee at Disneyland. The Joffrey's brand.

DisneylandDad
11-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I got a coffee at the place inside dca that are in the train cars as you come into the park. It was icky bitter but I was not aware if it was the new brand or not. It was the morning of 10/30 so it might have been the new brand, either way I thought it was way too bitter. After that cup, it was all hot chocolate from then on.

Andrew
11-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Anything's better than (ick) Nescafe. Anything.

candles71
11-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Anything's better than (ick) Nescafe. Anything.

Preaching to the choir;)

MammaSilva
11-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Good stuff in a thermos, I'm just saying....

olegc
11-05-2009, 11:04 AM
it's unclear from the brief note whether Joffrey's is throughout the resort, or only in spots. I seem to recall previous discussions where different brands were served in different spots of DCA, Disneyland, Hotels, etc. The coffee at the bakery in DCA SMELLS bitter - I won't buy it. but the coffee at Market House was good enough for me (then again, I usually get flavored and then look for the refill).